Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Manny,
can you please pm me the galfer front brake line part number? Heck if you did them both, please share. My front brakes need some extra help. Thanks
I'll get all the info together from Ryan at Galfer and start a new thread this week (You're gonna LOVE the rear! The KooKoo Line-Loop IS GONE!). A Larger Front Tsunami rotor is coming, too. Contemplating a "cooler" rear rotor, too. On steep off-road gnarly stuff, you can COOK the rear...as in Cook it BAD. Been there, done that, scared the living Sh!^ out of myself!
🤣
Also, I'm trying to line-up a source for Yoshimura slip-ons for members via one of our well known KLR Gurus; however, I don't think it's gonna work in California...:cautious:

·
Registered
797 Posts
For those of you who played my 20 questions of "What motorcycle did Kbear purchase today?" this will be old news, but I currently own the following: '83 Yamaha XV920MK Midnight Virago full Yamaha dress, '89 Honda XL600V Transalp, '02 Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja (Orange chunkin' punkin'), '07 Honda VFR800 25th Anniversary edition RWB Interceptor sport tourer, '16 KTM RC390, '15 Kawasaki KLR650.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Wow guys, you have some great bikes! I like hearing how you use them too.

·
Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
2,731 Posts
For those of you who played my 20 questions of "What motorcycle did Kbear purchase today?" this will be old news, but I currently own the following: '83 Yamaha XV920MK Midnight Virago full Yamaha dress, '89 Honda XL600V Transalp, '02 Kawasaki ZX9R Ninja (Orange chunkin' punkin'), '07 Honda VFR800 25th Anniversary edition RWB Interceptor sport tourer, '16 KTM RC390, '15 Kawasaki KLR650.
KBear, you really do Need a 12-step program. ;)

·
Premium Member
2002 gen 1 street-ized commuter special--Flatland Flyer--
133 Posts
2015 suzuki burgman 650 in fl at partners home so we can ride when im there 2017 1290 ktm super dukeR when i want a good shot of adrenalin more in the garage in tx liked the burgman so much bought a 2022 nc750xdct the other day does that make me a shiftless b..turd??

Reactions: Dread

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
The KLR is my 5th bike.
My first bike is a '80 Honda XL250s
The second is a '80 Kawa KM100
The third is a Vento thunderstar that isn't currently running
The fourth is a '79 Yamaha XS650 special

They're all running and road legal except the Vento and KLR. I'll probably get rid of the Vento as it doesn't seem to be worth the effort, but hopefully the KLR will be ready by the end of summer.

Pic, L-R: XS, KLR, XL, Vento, and KM

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
I honestly don't know if my '22 KLR is my second or first bike. I also have this:
Untitled by rogue_biker, on Flickr

It's wonderful on the highway. Super smooth. Plenty of power. Great canyon carver. Decent off road. But every time I go for a ride I've been wanting to take the KLR. KLR is WAY BETTER off road. More comfortable too. Feels much lighter because it is. So the VStrom sits. I still like her though. But not sure what to do with it now.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
1,201 Posts
I honestly don't know if my '22 KLR is my second or first bike. I also have this:
Untitled by rogue_biker, on Flickr

It's wonderful on the highway. Super smooth. Plenty of power. Great canyon carver. Decent off road. But every time I go for a ride I've been wanting to take the KLR. KLR is WAY BETTER off road. More comfortable too. Feels much lighter because it is. So the VStrom sits. I still like her though. But not sure what to do with it now.
Sell it. You only need one bike and that’s the klr!

Reactions: Timlang60 and OCL

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
At one time in my life I could have found reason for 7 or 8 different kinds of bikes + 1 more in just in-case one was out of commission. I could Never afford that many or had space to keep them, but I did have 5 at one point.

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Don't you still have a classic KZ?
I still own my 1974 Z-1 900. Hasn't turned a tire since autumn of 1995. 72,000+ miles on its meter.
I still ride my 1989 KX500-E1, rode it twice last week!!

My wife owns a '73 G4TR & a '80 KZ550 LTD.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts