Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
Clipped beak, raised windscreen, bars, guards, 2500 lumen lights, low pegs, slip-on, deletes + more
37 Posts
The title asks it all. What other bike or bikes do you run with? I have a 2021 Ural sidecar rig. It’s unique enough in its own right. But every time my mind wonders I keep getting stuck on “But my KLR already does that.” Does it do it as well? Probably not, but it does it good enough - and in real comfort - that I’m always nah. I could see a heavy touring bike, like a wing or a big GS, or a small dual sport which is admittedly a lot easier off-road. Just wondering how others round out the stable.
2019 Triumph Speed Twin. Exhaust and suspension mods. It's a sweet ripper!

·
Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
2,717 Posts
The only pers

The only person that would sound 'dumb' to is your financial advisor (and maybe your wife - might both be the same person). Everyone else from your therapist on down would view it as the only sensible plan.
And it’s way cheaper than talk therapy. Plus, when you’re done with the therapy part, you still have a motorcycle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is my first new bike. I have a 78 KZ650, a 76 KZ400 racer, a 66 Supercub, and a 72 F7 Enduro under construction. It is a relief to have my 2016 KLR as a bike that I can hop on, ride anywhere, and be absolutely certain I will get home with a minimal amount of oil on me.

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Pearl Sand Khaki
139 Posts
The title asks it all. What other bike or bikes do you run with? I have a 2021 Ural sidecar rig. It’s unique enough in its own right. But every time my mind wonders I keep getting stuck on “But my KLR already does that.” Does it do it as well? Probably not, but it does it good enough - and in real comfort - that I’m always nah. I could see a heavy touring bike, like a wing or a big GS, or a small dual sport which is admittedly a lot easier off-road. Just wondering how others round out the stable.
My other bike is a 2004 BMW R1150R Rockster. Used to be lime green, but now is matte black. with some Sargents to replace the old OEM seats.

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Pearl Sand Khaki
139 Posts
I have a 2004 BMW R1150R Rockster. Love boxer engines.
But the KLR is what I jump on usually since it is more nimble.
Now if I want to ride on the highway, I jump on the Beemer. Rocksters are fun bikes, very versatile too. Or should I say "were" instead of "are" ... They had a very short production run, not very popular in the US.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,229 Posts
I probably posted it somewhere else already but I picked up a used 2018 husqvarna FE501 on August 6th. 80 hours and lots of goodies installed. PO was same height and weight so tall seat concepts and lowered pegs already installed. I've been riding the piss out it, mainly single track up in Northern Wisconsin. PO had a trials tire on the rear which wasn't ideal but i made it work. Deep sand was interesting. 10 days of riding the KLR650 and the 501 was a blast. I'm pooped. KLR was flawless. Jdjetting and cogent suspension equals happiness.
Checked the valves on the Husky today since the PO didn't have a clue they needed to be checked. They were still perfect in the middle range. She's a keeper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
I probably posted it somewhere else already but I picked up a used 2018 husqvarna FE501 on August 6th. 80 hours and lots of goodies installed. PO was same height and weight so tall seat concepts and lowered pegs already installed. I've been riding the piss out it, mainly single track up in Northern Wisconsin. 10 days of riding the KLR650 and the 501 was a blast. I'm pooped.
Checked the valves on the Husky today since the PO didn't have a clue they needed to be checked. They were still perfect in the middle range. She's a keeper.
Nice bike; enjoy. 👍

81 - 92 of 92 Posts