Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still having problems with my KLR- it intermittantly (meaning: whenever I am all geared up and ready to ride) won't start. No spark. I've replaced the coil, the battery, the plug, etc... Last time, I flipped the kill switch back and forth a bunch of times and it started right up. Today, even that doesn't work. The starter will crank all day, but there is no spark. Could this possibly be the kill switch? Is there some way to bypass it (and shut it off with the key) just to see if that eliminates the problem? It is above freezing here for the first time in about 7 weeks, and I want to ride!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already done all the safety switch bypasses. I think my kill switch is bad, and was hoping to eliminate it temporarily to see if that was the problem. I may have found the problem, though... I took the kill switch apart and found that a plastic tab was broken- one that I think helps hold the whole assembly together... with it broken, I think that I was not getting good contact in the switch, and I was having intermittent starting problems. I super glued the tab, and put it back together and it started.... I have a new kill switch on order, so I hope that this was the problem. I've been going crazy trying to figure this out! :m0235

1 - 3 of 3 Posts