Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love riding my klr on the tighter than average trails and now my daughter wants to follow .. so ill be riding my tiger as she rides my klr ..

we are riding down to Yellowstone next year and I figured it would help her with a lot of the back country routes ...

anyone have any real world experiences with it on our heavy low powered bike?

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
wayne i,
I hope you found your answer some where!

From what little I have read, the Recluse Clutch works 'great' on a KLR.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
The Recluse clutch is visible at about minute 14-15.

His use of flat-blade screw driver, prying on things and surfaces which he shouldn't makes me "Cringe"! And re-assembly with Drill/Drivers is a prime cause of stripped threads and twisted off bolts and water pump shafts, IMO only. It makes me shudder.
I hope he doesn't have a leaky water pump or clutch cover.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
I agree with you. I'll use my cordless driver to remove fasteners but not to install them.

Only posted this because of the clutch.

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
I have a cordless driver that can only deliver 29 inch-lbs. It sure makes R&R of covers much easier. I just wish it was faster, but it only turns at about 100 rpm.

I had to stop watching the video when he was yanking on the cover with the clutch lever still in, then brought the hammer and the screwdriver. Not sure why he was hammering on the oil filler cap...

Tom

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
He's a blacksmith. If it doesn't move get a bigger hammer.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys its been a while since I added a new farkle and ive been thinking about it for a long time ..it would make it easier for my wife and daughter to ride it and I wouldn't mind trying it out on the tighter trails ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts