Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1985 KLR600
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“My ” or “the KLR” is pretty generic for such an adventurous bike wouldn’t you say?🤔

Mine ain’t got one yet, but it’ll come😂

What’s yours’?

·
Registered
1985 KLR600
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally hit me! It’ll be “The Wanderer”. ‘Cause that’s mainly what it does. I never have GPS and rarely a planned course when riding it.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Great topic! I named my 2012 KLR "Beast" when I first got it. Later it became "Sergeant Beast" because that seemed more proper when it was parked right next to another bike in the garage being a beautiful petite little 2007 Yamaha Virago 250 I also have that I named "Precious" cause she's just so pretty. He is just a big controlling monster (Sergeant Beast) and she is just so pretty and desirable (Precious).

Next, I will call them both "SOLD" because I plated my 2003 Honda XR650R and no longer desire to own the Beast and Precious. My XR650R is called pretty much what all of the others are called being the Big Red Pig. My BRP is simply awesome! Wheelies through the first three gears with no clutch or pulling up. It does over 100-mph and can maintain high speeds all day and night long! No passengers or more than 25 lbs. of gear can go on the rack that has been installed behind the seat. The whole bike weighs less than 290 lbs. dry! I sure do miss the magic electric start button but my BRP starts on just 1 or 2 kicks even when it is cold and has not run in a few weeks. Watch the movie Dust to Glory to learn more! Dust to Glory

I took great care of my KLR and love it. It is going to make someone very-very happy! Safe riding all!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts