Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Just an opinion from a horses arse... Just from reading the specs, the range on those isn't very good at 150m. It would be fine if you are riding two up, but trying to hold a bike to bike conversation with obsticals in the way such as trees or buildings, the range will likely be far less. I bought the Sena SMH10 and am very pleased so far. It has a reported range of 900m which should be adequate once you add in obstructions. You get what you pay for. The Sena's were $300 for two units.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just an opinion from a horses arse... Just from reading the specs, the range on those isn't very good at 150m. It would be fine if you are riding two up, but trying to hold a bike to bike conversation with obsticals in the way such as trees or buildings, the range will likely be far less. I bought the Sena SMH10 and am very pleased so far. It has a reported range of 900m which should be adequate once you add in obstructions. You get what you pay for. The Sena's were $300 for two units.
Any wind noise?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought a cheap set off of Amazon and was beyond disappointed. I returned them for a full refund. I won't purchase another set until I can afford the Sena's.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mainly 2-up riding and listening to music/gps commands on my iphone....It has the A2DP which from what I understand is needed for the Iphone 4... I dont ride with anyone that has headsets so I can't imagine range being an issue now.....maybe later though...not sure.... will the Sena unit connect with Iphone 4 wirelessly? does it have the A2DP?

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I thought I wanted something like that once and bought a bluetooth enabled helmet that I could talk person to person with, take and make phone calls, listen to music, hook into my GPS, all that.

It wasn't until I began using it that I realized it was doing the things that I ride to get AWAY from ...... the wife going yakkety yak yak, GPS barking commands at me, phone ringing...... it was defeating the reason I ride in the first place, to get away from all that.

YMMV

·
Registered
576 Posts
The selling price from june 2nd to june 3rd was 34.95. (look in the sales history) They claim to do the work of 300 dollar equipment for 1/10th the price. I'd be wary of that.

Seller has a good rating, but with ebay that is more a reflection of how the selling process happens moreso than the product itself.

If you do buy it, Please post a review up here. I'd be more than willing to buy a pair if the price drops to 34.95 again.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Fradsham - No wind noise in my full faced helmet.

WVBassFan - I have an iPhone 4s and it works just fine. Best to look at heir website for other details.

Flash, I purchased these mainly for the upcoming CDT ride so that it would be easier to communicate with my buddy for gas, restroom, food, look out for that, look at her, hey there is a bear right behind you type talk. No chatty Cathy to worry about. My phone will be turned off for the majority of the three week trip. No streaming music, only the sound of the engine and stones pinging off of the skid plate. GPS was muted the first day I owned it. Now if it had a sexy Irish lass talking to me, I'd leave the sound on!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sardog... So you have the same thing as on this web page? Is that right? What about charge time? ... Does it keep a good charge..... Can you iPhone music play through the headset and if so does both people hear the same music and can they talk over the music.... I know that's alot but that's what me and the wifey are looking for.... Thanks again...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Sardog... So you have the same thing as on this web page? Is that right? What about charge time? ... Does it keep a good charge..... Can you iPhone music play through the headset and if so does both people hear the same music and can they talk over the music.... I know that's alot but that's what me and the wifey are looking for.... Thanks again...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
I have the Sena SMH 10's.

Have not had them that long but never had an issue with loosing charge, comes with charge cable to charge on the fly. You can stream music and only you hear it. If you get a phone call, the music stops and you answer the call. When you hang up, the music resumes. Personally, as much as I love music, I never listen while riding (tried it just to see how it worked but as a rule, no music while riding).

If you buy the Sena SMH10, insist on the newest version that has the PC cable with it so you can do the firmware updates as they come out. Older versions have a coax connection and can't be updated. I believe that version 3.0 and higher have the PC hookup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts