Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 KLR
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a new KLR owner and new to being off-road in general (attaching a short clip of my first time going off the pavement). I had a blast and will probably exploring more places in the area - especially the area towards Tahoe once the fires finally clear out.

I want to get a feel for if anyone is in the area, and if weather and smoke permitting, would be interested in going on some group riding trips off the beaten path.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Yes. I've not yet found any great jeep/gravel trails in the foothills, but always on the lookout.

Reactions: SnazzyDawg

·
Registered
2003 KLR
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I've not yet found any great jeep/gravel trails in the foothills, but always on the lookout.
Yeah, I'll definitely be trying to explore more out of the way roads going forward. Is there a KLR community out here?

·
Registered
2018 KLR650
96 Posts
I think your going to find the best trails/roads in the Sierras but that may be difficult with all of the fires.

I know there are some good ones near Sonora going towards Cherry Lake.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The forest service closure order goes through midnight on 9/17/21, there are still going to be closed areas with the fires but should be plenty of open forest service roads to explore. Check out the areas of Graniteville, Bowman Lake and that area, lots of nice roads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not in Sacramento but the GIF caught my eye.
I also completely realize this is entirely unsolicited advise, but speaking from personal experience...

Catching yourself like that is a broken wrist waiting to happen. Don't ask me how I know.
How To Crash On Your Mountain Bike | MTB Skills

Obviously not exactly the same thing, but still useful knowledge when applied properly.

·
Registered
2003 KLR
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the heads up, that is me! Yeah, I admittedly put my hand out and it was a little sore the next day but luckily it was fine.
I'm not in Sacramento but the GIF caught my eye.
I also completely realize this is entirely unsolicited advise, but speaking from personal experience...

Catching yourself like that is a broken wrist waiting to happen. Don't ask me how I know.
How To Crash On Your Mountain Bike | MTB Skills

Obviously not exactly the same thing, but still useful knowledge when applied properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts