Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,044 Posts
At 6' 4" (how much do you weigh?) I'll suggest that you should contact Eagle Mike for Rising Links for your Gen 2 and possibly even inquire about using EM Gen1 Rising Links on your Gen 2. Which would be even taller.

As to seat, The 08-14 Gen 2 seat is stiffer foam but same height and shape as the 87-07 Gen 1 seats.
The Gen 2 2014.5 (&up) New Edition seat, front 1/3rd is same shape, firmness & height as early Gen 2 but rear 2/3rds is widened like a Corbin or Sargeant full height seat.

·
Premium Member
11,044 Posts
If I'm not mis-taken, Maverick has a 2008 firm foam, standard shaped seat. Not a New Edition (2014.5) wide in the rear 2/3rds area model.

But you can't beat his price tag.

·
Premium Member
11,044 Posts
Of course, raising the suspension makes no difference to the riding position. It will give the bike more ground clearance, and allow the rider's legs to be a bit straighter when sitting astride the bike.

The extra ground clearance may be handy. However, I don't think raising the suspension will offer any benefit to a taller rider in terms of rider comfort.
That depends a lot on rider weight and physical build.

The 2008-2014 models had pretty soft springs as compared to 2014.5-2018 models.
The raising links will physically raise the un-laden seat height as well as increase the effective progression of spring rate in its travel.
So this is a fairly inexpensive way for 200lb + riders to firm-up the rear suspension on the early models.

I'm only 6 ft tall, 165 lbs, but with 36 inch legs. A friend of mine is 6" 4', 300+ lbs and only 32 inch legs. He has to stretch to get a leg over the KLR.
I don't squash a seat or the suspension much. But my friend squashes everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.