Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put about 350 miles on klr day before yesterday. Started in New Boston, Tx went to Mena Ak and over to Talahina Ok. Great ride between Mena and Talahina back down to Broken Bow Lake. Recommend to anyone. Great scenery and good twisties with a few off roads on oklahoma side. I have more Ideas for rides in Arkansas if anyone interested in them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Another R-kansan here. I do some traveling between Fayetteville and Hope. I used to work in New Boston at Carpco. Surely that place has went under by now. :animal0034:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ark

hography, CARPCO stilll there. Don't know how long been hearing bad things.
On2wheels I'm planning on coming north maybe in fall for a couple of days, and going up into missouri. Any good trails up there?:60:

·
Registered
81 Posts
BG
I hooked up with two other KLR riders last Saturday north of Mt. View (AR) and did some trails in the national forest. Did 20 miles in 2 1/2 hours and I was sucking wind. Would be easier in the fall.
Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
BG
I hooked up with two other KLR riders last Saturday north of Mt. View (AR) and did some trails in the national forest. Did 20 miles in 2 1/2 hours and I was sucking wind. Would be easier in the fall.
Jim
Was it here you were out of breath Jim? We dropped 600 ft when we exited onto the highway. I'd have been huffing and puffing if we would have went up it. There were some fairly nasty rock sections that just don't show up too clear on the video.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts