Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm in-favor of frontier justice in this instance, especially in the "Cowboy Capital of the World". Lasso ALL of the imported 'rioters'.
Throw them in the nearest river, wet or dry, I don't care. Sink or swim and let them walk 20 miles back to 'civilization'.

This crap does not help resolve anything. And neither does my suggestion.
Two locals made a big splash on local media/social media. The mainstream media and leftist social media sources showed a white guy with a big beard that started punching a protester riding in a convertible and made a big deal saying that the police started firing shots in the air to break up the resulting brawl and claimed a protester was hit by one of the rounds coming down. Having seen the footage, the "shots" fired in the air were bean-bag rounds which when fired in the air will come down harmlessly.

The second guy got attention from the right leaning social media. He was a black cowboy/redneck who got on a bull horn and started yelling at the BLM people to leave and saying this was his home and his people.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,513 Posts
I used to carry because of where I work, but I don't anymore. I don't have anything against those who choose to carry. I'm cool with that. I still like guns, don't get me wrong.

Despite the promises of the insurance companies, working in a prison for the past 20 years I have to give pause when I hear the old phrase, "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six." People who say that have most likely never spent any time in prison, let alone ever been around a prison at all. Prisons are not a pleasant place to spend your time. If you've spent time in prison and still think carrying is worth the risk of going back, I respect that.

Personally, I'd much rather be dead than be incarcerated and giving up all my freedoms and having people tell me what I can and can't do 24 hours a day. Just the threat of that seems to be why most people own and carry firearms in the first place and that's because the possibility sucks. If you go to prison, unless you're some ultimate badass, you'll quickly face the prospect of living the nightmare you were hoping to avoid by carrying a firearm in the first place. You probably won't just face it once, either.

There's just too much shit that can go wrong even if you do think you have good judgement. I don't want 12 people who live in today's insane world deciding my fate.

Not saying it won't happen some time before I die, but I've been around for almost 60 years and have never had a stranger or anybody else mess with me to the point I thought pulling a gun would be necessary. I've never had a situation degenerate even into a fistfight. I've chosen to take my chances without a weapon. The CCW insurance companies may shield you from some kind of of civil suit that involves wiping out your bank account,, but they won't keep you from going to prison if 12 people who don't think the way you do decide you're good for it.

Just something to consider.

·
Premium Member
6,839 Posts
maverick9611, I don't think those 4 attachments are what you really intended to post here.

I guess I don't see any 'DELETE' function. Bummer.

·
Premium Member
6,839 Posts
But they also just go to other KLRforum 'Index pages'. See the 3 tiny dots at the RH side of our postings?
Click, Edit, Delete?

Why is there not a DELETE function?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a permit and i carry, butt i dont take it serious because i seem to prefer single action .45 Blackhawks in custom leather over 9mm smocks and their KYdex wrappers.

All the young gunned tacticool kids larf at me, say i;ll die because i dont have mega sized mags .... so i ride up like this. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a permit and i carry, butt i dont take it serious because i seem to prefer single action .45 Blackhawks in custom leather over 9mm smocks and their KYdex wrappers.

All the young gunned tacticool kids larf at me, say i;ll die because i dont have mega sized mags .... so i ride up like this. lol
I get you about liking old school weapons. None of the weapons on my permit (we have to list them and qualify with them in my state) have "mega sized mags". One is a Springfield XDs45 which holds six rounds, next is a Ruger LCP which holds seven rounds, and finally the one I carry the most is my Sig P6 (West German surplus version of the P225) which holds nine rounds. The Sig was manufactured a year before I was born in 1982.

For a while I was into "black rifles"... ARs, AKs and similar. I have some exotic stuff by California standards (all of it is legally owned). I got bored with all the modern firepower and I have turned my collecting back to vintage pieces. The last weapon I bought was a Spencer carbine dated 1861 with Union Army armory markings on it. My go to rifle around the ranch now is a Marlin 1893.

·
Registered
20 Posts
next is a Ruger LCP

For a while I was into "black rifles"... ARs, AKs and similar.
When its really hot and i dont want to wear much even i have to resort to carrying my two LCP's in my front pockets, great little mouse guns they are

......and my pa left me a mini 30 with wood funiture that works well enough. I dont see well and fancy shotguns anyways...

·
Registered
71 Posts
When its really hot and i dont want to wear much even i have to resort to carrying my two LCP's in my front pockets, great little mouse guns they are

......and my pa left me a mini 30 with wood funiture that works well enough. I dont see well and fancy shotguns anyways...
That is the exact situation I carry my LCP but I carry it in my right back pocket opposite my wallet in a little pocket holster. They are not much stopping power but I figure they are better than nothing.

Does your Mini 30 function ok with surplus ammo? My friend has one and it never liked surplus ammo. It would sometimes not set off the primers. We tried stronger springs but it did not help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does your Mini 30 function ok with surplus ammo? My friend has one and it never liked surplus ammo. It would sometimes not set off the primers. We tried stronger springs but it did not help.
Pa did buy a case of ex Yugo 7.62x39 ammo for $3 and a bag of chips once, or seemed that low in price. The only problem was he dint clean the firearm after shooting the stuff and i had to give the boot to the charging handle because of the corrosion in and around the gas port area once.

If he cleaned the weapon after shooting it i wouldnt have traded the stuff in at the local gun shoppé.

I just stocked up on good quality brass cased ammo over the years when i saw a good price between the panic buying sprees....how many is this now?

Id reload the stuff butt it has to return from orbit first considering how far this mini ejects her spent shells...lol

21 - 37 of 37 Posts