Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have ordered a new 2012 KLR 650 it is in the doctors getting some gear put on it atm.

I am planning on riding around Australia leaving early October.

Does anybody out there have any advice about riding around Australia, good camping spots etc.

I am also trying to work out fuel and i have seen a vast range of figures, any comments on this would be great.

I am looking at about a 8 week trip is this possible.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Michael

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Oh, Australia. When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it said "Around Anus" and I thought, "Aren't they all?" My apologies, although it probably would have been more prudent to not bring this up in the first place. Welcome to the forum and hope you get some good info here. Wish I could join 'ya! Sounds like a blast.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Moose. Camping spots, thousands to choose from, but often the best are the ones you find my accident. Which way are you heading?

ozcamps.net might be of interest.

My bike gets around 5L/100km, so if you plan your trip on looking for fuel at the 350km mark you shouldn't go far wrong

·
Registered
42 Posts
As Hoyks said you will easily get 350km without hitting reserve.

If not done already by the shop when you bought it don’t forget to derestrict it by filling the holes in the throttle slide. Only the Australian ones come restricted to pass LAMS requirements.

You might also want to consider putting a 16 tooth front sprocket on to give it that little bit nicer highway speed v engine revs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts