Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been around much since I got my bike and my info for it off the site but just wanted to stop in and thank you guys for showing me right off the bat that ATGATT is important. Can't get into the details on the web because there will be a lawsuit and my attorney would kill me.

HJS IS16 helmet, boots, jeans and my Cortech leather jacket with all the padding saved my ass. Broke my collarbone but otherwise in good shape.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Actually the jeans saved your ass but I would recommend you look into something better.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Glad you're OK, man. Draggin Jeans or something similar (with Kevlar) are a good look. Pads are better, but kevlar is better than denim.

You listened once, do it twice. :)

Seriously, glad you're cool and I hope the lawsuit works out to your advantage.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You will probably need new gear soon.

Go here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/

Normal prices are good -- sign up by email and await an "Almost free sale."

I managed to pay 150 for my jacket shipped free; got 120 giftcard back, so I bought pants and gloves with the 120 (again, shipped free).

You just have to be willing to wait for the "almost free" sales. From experience that could be from 1-4 months.

Best of Luck, and keep the rubber side down!
-Stefan

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the KLR was totaled so I decided to go a different route altogether. Will keep my eye out for a small enduro for when I go up North and got myself a sport bike for down here. Found a leftover still in the crate and got it for a steal.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Well the KLR was totaled so I decided to go a different route altogether. Will keep my eye out for a small enduro for when I go up North and got myself a sport bike for down here. Found a leftover still in the crate and got it for a steal.

Dude you're new to bikes? Crashed your first one, a KLR? Bought a sport bike for your 2nd?

Dude...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude you're new to bikes? Crashed your first one, a KLR? Bought a sport bike for your 2nd?

Dude...
The bike wasn't the problem the dumb blonde was. Accident was unavoidable unless I was at home sitting on my couch and where is the fun in that?

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
That thing is gonna look awesome with a set of D606s on!!:LaughHard:
jj

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts

Dude...
It,s Ok Spec! He's just experimenting a little on the "other side"! It's not our place to judge. He'll be back....:pot:
jj

1 - 10 of 10 Posts