Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am starting a Vlog about dual sport riding in Ohio. I hope this will make it easier for both new and long time Ohio riders to find new and interesting areas to ride, general information and fun stuff to view on cold winter days. Enjoy :desismiley1:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3C7A3772C964CD38

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I now have 2 rider tip videos. The first is a piece I shot of me going over a rut to demonstrate the importance of clearing obstacles with the front tire.

Second tip video about physical fitness off the bike being as important as training on the bike.

There are lots of other videos I'm adding to the Dual Sport Video Log. Hope you enjoy. :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tar Hollow riders

Okay, weather looks like it will be mostly dry although the trails will still be wet.

Saturday 9-24-11, 10am meet up at Laurelville gas station at 56 and 180. We'll ride thru some trails around Tar Hollow to Richland ORV area.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only had one taker for the ride on a GS650 Dakar. Great ride and we had fun exploring. I also had him help me do my first review of an Ohio State APV area. Richland Furnace APV.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Karma for Ben, AKA Casper, of Ohio Riders.net

This is a feel good story. Maybe it will help people remember how helping the next generation riders can begin in your own neighborhood and how internet communities can work for better things!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Anyone notice how my KLR makes the 690se to the left look really small? Must be the 900 series spring I put in the rear. Man it made jumping water breaks fun for my 280 lb self.:50: Jrockrat the green KLR next to the 690 is our mtn goat from Caveman riders. He amazes me the way he muscles the pig around for a guy about 5'8". He is standing behind the bike. lol

The guy riding the 690 is as tall as me and a few lbs heavier (tallest rider behind my red KLR). I mention this because the 690 preformed so well it makes me question my 950 se.:29:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just when you thought Face Crook was useless. :) There is now a group site for dual Sport riders to share info, pics, video, question and trip reports. It's an open group so we'll see if it gets used at all or becomes a world wide cluster. lol

http://www.facebook.com/groups/117324945041290/

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sunday the 16th, I'm overdue to get a beginners Tar Hollow ride done. It will be tough enough that a good rider would decide not to do it on a V-strom and a bad rider would still make it on a KLR. Figure that reference out. lol

Meet up 10:30 Sunday at the gas Station off rt 56 and 180 in Laurelville, Ohio (There's only one gas station in town). If you would post up if you plan to attend so I can know how many plan to come. If the weather turns back to crap that day, I'll reschedule the ride, but I'm trying to give folks a good advance notice so they can mow the yard now!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wish I could say more on this subject but so much depends on riding style and material you ride on. I just hope I am giving buyers something to think about when deciding on what tire suites them best.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Wish I could say more on this subject but so much depends on riding style and material you ride on. I just hope I am giving buyers something to think about when deciding on what tire suites them best.

Agreed, a comprehensive video project on this subject would be overwhelming, but I think you did a good job on this. Thanks for posting it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts