Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 08 KLR 650 with auto shut off blinkers. Riding this morning I noticed the blinkers taking a long time to turn off, now they wont turn off at all.

Help!!!

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
They might be low on blinker fluid...

Just kidding..

I don't think they are auto shut off - you need to push the switch to turn them off.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
The bike didn't come with auto shut off signals but maybe you have a Kisan signalMinder installed. It may be the problem. You have to check the flasher to see what is installed there for starters.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Recently purchased a 08 KLR 650 with auto shut off blinkers. Riding this morning I noticed the blinkers taking a long time to turn off, now they wont turn off at all.

Help!!!

The Kissan SignaMinder uses a return spring in the turn signal switch to put it back to center. Does your switch go back to center when you release it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all...

The original owner made several upgrades/additions to the bike. Auto blinkers, fog lights on crash bars, hook up for heated gear , hard side bags and hard tank bag with led's, etc.

I wondering if this intermittent problem might be a result of the wiring harness issues I've been reading about.

Is Kawasaki still offering wiring harness recall mod?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Call your local Kawi dealer, they can look up your VIN to see if its been done. It is my understanding that recalls do not expire.

My wiring harness issues (all came up after the recall was done) had to do with a connector for all left hand controls being shoved between two gussets in between the top frame tube and the bottom frame tube near the triple tree.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts