Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... drove up here with Ash for Thanksgiving, and we got to her brother's place, and drove up to the gate. She got out to open the gate, and then said the car smelled funny.

I opened my door--coolant. I looked at the temp gauge... SH!T. There was no low-coolant light.

Anyway, the thing is cooling off overnight and I'll look for water in the oil and all that. Last I checked, there was coolant in the overflow, but that was maybe 500 miles ago. So I reckon something will need to be done.

It's a 98 Sube Legacy Outback.

Any good recommendations on auto mechanics in Santa Rosa? I know there's at least one respectable member of this forum in the area. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's a little bit North, but Tim Fincher at Fincher's Automotive in Healdsburg has an excellent reputation. Good guy who goes the extra mile for folks. All of the folks that work at my winery (and customers) go there and the guys seems unbelievably fair and honest.

I have heard that Peet's Auto Repair in Santa Rosa is good, but never used them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
John Callagy at Callagy Auto is a fantastic guy and excellent mechanic. I can't speak highly enough about him, his work and ethics.

Low post count so I'm not allowed to post the URL but his site is santarosasmog dot com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts