1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have one of the shields on my Bell Star helmet. I've used it for 3 or 4 years. Works good for me. In addition to providing some eye relief from the Sun, it also keeps the inside of my helmet a few degrees cooler.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply tjduexjr! I had photogrey glasses some years ago and really liked them. I am in the market for a new helmet this winter so if I can get one with an auto darkening shield it would be a bonus. Any negatives to the shield you have found? Obviously you have been happy with it for "3 or 4 Years" so it mudt be pretty good!
Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
107 Posts
No negatives, justjeff. I've worn photogrey glasses for most of my life, so I was expecting the same experience with the shield, and that's what I've experienced. I really like being able to ride in all light conditions without needing to switch out the shield. The photogrey shield fits the helmet just like the original shield does.

Actually, the only drawback could be tunnels. The shield behaves like the photogrey glasses and takes 10s of seconds to transition from dark to light, so when riding on a really bright day through tunnels, it can make the tunnels appear to be even darker than they are. I've not found it bad enough to cause any issues. I'm used to my glasses doing the same thing, though.

As long as you like the helmet the shield is attached to, I think you'll like the shield as well.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again tjduexjr! I will look at the helmets next time I am in the City and go from there.
Merry Christmas....justjeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts