Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at the pic, it's my new KLR mod that i put together today. I already tested it and it works incredibly well, can't wait to use it for real during my trip this Sunday!

Can any of you guess what i'm doing with this mod?

20200910_174743.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
Backing a trailered canoe into the water? How do you get the bike back up the boat ramp???

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I feel like the black wrapping on the cross member at the front must indicate something… it looks like a handle.

·
Administrator
3,609 Posts
Can any of you guess what i'm doing with this mod?

That's easy. You're starting a KLR Drill Team and that is the bracket some bikini clad babe will be standing on.

Reactions: Jack Straw

·
Administrator
8,482 Posts
Hmmm. EMT, gaffer's tape, and P-clamps. Iono what it is, but yer gonna put yer eye out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it's my new GoPro mount for getting low chase shots of downhill skateboarding. Last time we bombed the pass i tried filming raw runs with a suction cup mount on the headlight. The KLR is a great chase bike but the shaky mount and gopro 4 had vibration issues. I also want to get lower shots than i can get from a car to show the sensation of speed as well as the lean. The pic is from a test run today, it stays solid and has very little vibration, and i think a few more rubber washers from the hardware store will clean it up more as well as possibly foam mounting the camera.

The mounting height is about as low as i can get without making sparks in turns and is pretty much the same height as my head when i'm in a low drift on my board, we hit like 50-60mph on skateboards but it doesn't look that fast when the camera is 4 feet high up by the bars, lol.

Screenshot from raw run setup test 1.mp4.png

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love watching videos like that! Drifting skateboard dudes are something! I would think the only more terrifying thing is knowing there is a 400 pound KLR right behind you....with spears on it!
It's less terrifying than having a car chase you from a foot behind, i'd rather get run over by a KLR than a cage any day. With my bike i can get close safely, outbrake a board, and toss to either side if i need to. Cars also have trouble keeping up in some corners without oversteer or drifting.

And yeah, downhill skating is rad. I build boards and skate, and finally getting all the gear i need together to start filming it. Here's my latest build, i've got my press working good, and am getting nice deep W concave with wheel flares that really lock you in.
http://instagr.am/p/CEpUhZWnlpA/
I'll probably also start filming some KLRing, i did a few test rips with helmet and chest mounts down my road already to learn how to GoPro better.
http://instagr.am/p/CE9zteWH3yn/

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would watch a video of skateboarding former presidential candidate "Beto," perhaps descending the Pike's Peak Highway.
Would watch a video of skateboarding former presidential candidate "Beto," perhaps descending the Pike's Peak Highway.
Does Beto skate downhill? I know he skates, i've seen it but i've never seen him shredding a mountain pass. If he shreds, i'd skate pike's with him, i wanna hit some Colorado runs maybe next summer. This year i want to try to find as many spicy southern AZ runs as i can. I got my bike running great and ready for day trips to scout some stuff this week. Any suggestions for spots are welcome, do you know of any skateable hills with decent surface?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Check it out, we went and sent it today dawn patrol style, here's a shot from the raw footage with my stoppie bar, it worked awesome!
Screenshot from chance raw run.mp4 - 16.png

1 - 20 of 26 Posts