Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well gents today i put 300 down on a 1990 gen 1 KlR with 9k miles on it. me and the old man are going halfsies on it. 1600 otd. needs a few touch up but nothing major, motor is strong from what i could tell from the test drive, all the elctronics work and it has new tires on it. it needs a few missing bolts for the plastics and the gas tank and i imagine the carb as well needs a good cleaning. will post pictures when i get some but we figure everyone needs a B.U.K.L.R (back up KLR)

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i see the 88 there for 1850, the dealer here wanted 1800 but i talked him down based on that he wasnt sure if the doo was done(after he tried to convince me it didnt need to be done) and the few missing pieces. i think 1600 is a fair price for what we are getting.

·
Premium Member
5,473 Posts
Nice, man! I've got a thing for dirt and dual-sport bikes having the cc's emblazoned on the side of the seat. It just seems right. That's a sharp old-school KLR. Good find, Scrapper!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it needs a good once over on everything, gotta find some bolts check the doo and do it if it hasnt been done, wanna check the oil screen. tank has a little rust inside at the top gotta get a cleaner for that. new levers right one is broken. clutch cable rtv the seat rips the get a coleman cover. PAINT THE UGLY SOB. tires are new so thats good. taller windshield, headlight protector. so on so on so on

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nice bike Scrapper! I like that old school paint scheme, you and your dad will have it rat rodded out it no time and looking good though!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
terrible horrible news guys, went to pay off the bike today went up to silver city handed them the money. they went to get the bike and it was gone! someone has stolen me buklr! so the cops came and did a report yadda yadda. but now i am buklrless in seattle

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
What kind of fool steals a Barbie? I understand buying one.....:sign0161: Did you get your money back?
Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i am waiting until tomorrow to see if it shows up, if it doesnt i am going to get the down payment back. and then i am heading to the gas station by the house where a kid is selling his 07, has almost 9k on it with a bald as hell rear tire no doohickey upgrade, but other than that is in good condition. he is hurting for money. bills piling up on him, he wants 2200 so i will offer him the 1600 from the other one to see if he bites..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts