Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this in a surplus place a month ago when i had no money or way to get it home (was riding a bike). Finally got to pick it up and got it mounted yesterday. Should hold everything i need for now and then some. It's aluminum so it doesn't weigh much at all. Not pretty, but neither is the bike.... should hold s lot of groceries though. Good bye backpack, hellow big green box:character00268:
Was going to mount my ammo cans to go for the complete effect, then noticed I"ll have to remount my turn signals. I think this"ll do for now

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff. Its an 89 and my first foray into on/off road riding. My first at 17 was a Suzuki TS 250, but never got that road legal. This has seen some hard use had about 32K when the speedo quit before I got it. Been stored outside and shows it. Lots of the fading on the fender, a little rust on the tank..... So im not worried about getting it dirty. Just need some warm weather.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cool case I just bought a new top case as well just came in the mail yesterday but due it being -7 out I have not mounted it yet.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
That's a nice case, happycat254. I would appreciate it if you could share any kind of writing that might be stenciled on it that might help me identify exactly what it is. Thanks in advance if you're so inclined.

I currently use an Action Packer, but am always scouring surplus sites like Sportsman's Guide and Cheaper Than Dirt for an aluminum case with latches. The run-of-the-mill NVG cases are too small and anything else I see is too big. Yours looks like the perfect size and may be exactly what I'm looking for. It looks even bigger than an Action Packer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thats a cool box man!

I am debating about boxes for my KLR now. I don't do long rides - just want some storage for running to the grocery store which is about 60 miles round trip. Hate to use the truck for that sort of thing.

Might have to find something like this. Thanks for the share.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Happycat254,

That looks very cool. Does the size cause any balance issues? What about drag? These are all serious questions as I am also looking for a top case.

Snakeboy66

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Now THAT is ugly. Well played. +5 KLR points. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts