Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR650
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunshine is out, temp is 24 degrees Celsius, no wind. Full tank of petrol and a day to explore. Found a nice back road to Lake Burrinjack in the Mountains.
All I was missing was my fishing rod.

Attachments

· Premium Member
12,557 Posts
When are you going back with rod & reel in hand? How much is a fishing license in your state/territory?

· Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR650
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly in a couple weeks as it was a good ride. Plus there is murray cod there.
Fishing licence for NSW are:
  • $7 for three days
  • $14 for one month
  • $35 for one year
  • $85 for three year

· Premium Member
12,557 Posts
That is very reasonable nowadays.
A One Day fishing license for a Wyoming, USA resident cost me $6. Can purchase up to 3 per year. No $10 'Conservation Stamp' (to benefit non-game species) required.

An Annual fishing license costs $35 IIRC, plus must purchase the $10 'Conservation Stamp'.

After age 65 & XX years WY residence, one can get a Life Time license for a small fee (can't remember $) to cover paper work. That will be September 2023 for me, 3 days after closure for season of my favorite fishing lake. :( (Accessible with KX500, not KLR.) :)

· Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR650
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fishing police over here are ruthless and always checking if you have a licence so best to have one. Was many many years ago I lived in Ohio and can't remember what the fishing licence cost there. However do remember the big largemouth bass I caught. 12lb on the dot. Was a good catch. Though the barramundi I caught in North Queensland has that beat at 118cm long and 26kg.

· Premium Member
12,557 Posts
An 50cm+ length of pvc pipe with bottom end capped & mounted at an angle can make a pretty secure fishing pole or shovel holder.

Reactions: Thumper1

· Premium Member
12,557 Posts
Well, maybe you could 'splurge' and purchase someone or another fancy, stainless steel rod holder from a boat shop?
Probably $50+, but probably 'Pretty'. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts