Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got banned too. HE called me an idiot while we were discussing a political issue, which is an offense that I have seen him ban people for. I called him on it and then I got banned. Go figure. Anyways, I am gonna stay out of the politico bs here, just need a site to share klr info.....
I've seen that technique many times myself. The last time I saw it happened I opened my mouth and asked why a mod is allowed to continue poking at someone until it gets out of control and Glenn got a little miffed at me.
:46:

It just takes a few clowns on a site to ruin it but Glenn seems to think he can manage it by goose-stepping around taking potshots at his members. Someday it may come back to bite him. :character0029:

·
Registered
58 Posts
One of his mods, "Scott_Posts_Again" consistently gives bad technical advice, edits other people's posts (he has added stuff to mine) and goads and threatens people. He deleted one of my posts without comment.

Glenn backs the mods up no matter what they do. Funny thing is, he banned me for being "rude" to him, but a member who criminally defrauded lots of members on multiple KLR boards out of considerable amounts of money for peg lowering brackets remains in good standing there.

It's OK to be a crook there, but don't give Glenn any lip.

·
Registered
815 Posts
The funniest thing is he actually thinks banning keeps people out. I can still visit his forum anytime I want and post without him having the slightest clue. I hope he reads this and starts to wonder if I already have... hmmm!!! have I or haven't I.... swet it out Glenn!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Well, he didn't just ban my username, he banned my IP. I don't know if goes that far with everyone or not.

We should create a few usernames and have some really weird discussions on there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One of his mods, "Scott_Posts_Again" consistently gives bad technical advice, edits other people's posts (he has added stuff to mine) and goads and threatens people. He deleted one of my posts without comment.

Glenn backs the mods up no matter what they do. Funny thing is, he banned me for being "rude" to him, but a member who criminally defrauded lots of members on multiple KLR boards out of considerable amounts of money for peg lowering brackets remains in good standing there.

It's OK to be a crook there, but don't give Glenn any lip.
I remember seeing a post about SRA editing someone's (maybe yours) comment. I think his logic was he was improving your post? funny stuff

I think one of the previous posts about Glenn being an ego maniac is spot on. He wants his site to be the biggest with the most hits on a search engine and his little party out to CA to test the 08 KLR really intensified that. Oh look there's Glenn being interviewed by Kawasaki! And there he is crashing the test bike!:16a:

And don't get me started on his censorship of competing sites. Every time someone posts something about 650.com, he locks the thread. It must aggravate the heck out of him knowing that people buy from that site, and are happy about their purchase.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Hey guys, I was one of the first to leave the other site because of the BS. Please, lets drop this subject, it is starting to remind me of the other site.
I know we all like to talk about past issues and people, but this really isn't adding anything of help or knowledge to 'this' site. Lets just do what DaddyJoe requested above.

Thanks,
DX

·
Registered
815 Posts
If we do that, we are no better then Glenn and his butt buddy mods telling people what to say and do. I realize it's only a request to stop, but why even request it. Just let things take their own course.

I don't believe in censoring anything unless its considered illegal or completely out of line for the subject of the overall forum.

People have minds of their own and should be left to their own decisions. Doesn't matter whose forum it is or that they envision some utopia forum. If it's made for the public it should be left alone.

Seeing as introductions invites people to introduce themselves, explain their backgrounds and how they came here, then this discussion is far from being off topic.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
This is a forum for introductions yes, if the topic is beyond the scope of that, then take it to the off topic area, please.
Everything said or given as instruction can be taken as censorship if one has a personality that see's things as such. But then again, I do remember reading that you dabble in creating internet sites or something to that eqivalent, and suggested builders refrain from offering forums that would subscribe to such debate and off topic discussions. I would have thought that you of all people would have followed your own suggestion, but then I digress. Have at it guys, have fun...
Oh by the way, I did 'not' in anyway tell anyone what to say, and or what to do, it was simply a suggestion in that the continued bashing adds nothing of benefit to anyone here.
This will be my last post on the topic, if any of the other mods want to pursue the issue past this, that's their perogative.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm not jumping down your throat DX.

The scope of the section may be introductions, but that doesn't limit what branches off from any given introduction. It says "Tell everyone a little bit about yourself". That's quite a wide open description. It doesn't say "Do not mention what forum you came from".

I do remember reading that you dabble in creating internet sites or something to that eqivalent, and suggested builders refrain from offering forums that would subscribe to such debate and off topic discussions. I would have thought that you of all people would have followed your own suggestion, but then I digress.
Follow my own suggestion of what? I didn't create this forum and an Introductions section does is exist. It's the desire of the forum owner to allow such introductions to occur. For anyone to now censor the way somebody introduces themselves and the way that discussion happens to pan out, that would be wrong.

However, if the introductions section was to be removed, then that's in no way considered censorship as the section would no longer be offered as part of the overall scope of the forum and thus any such posts concerning introductions would be considered outside the scope of the forum and should be deleted.

As for my forum, it does not have irrelevant sections. It has a general planning section and then dedicated activity sections.

Let's say somebody came on to introductions and said ... "I came to this forum after buying a KLR. I looked at the other brands and Yamaha just sucks and Honda can kiss my butt with their prices. Even the dealers are jerks so I finally found a decent Kawi dealer and bought an 08".

That would be acceptable?

However, them mentioning Glenn and how he is a prick for banning them and that's how they ended up here at .com. Somehow, that is wrong?

I cannot accept that. If lines are going to be drawn, then we are talking about a overall banning of any trash talking, otherwise it's a slippery slope that Glenn has already been sliding down on his forum by selectively requesting people to stop and then banning people who don't obey his orders.

Again, I'm not jumping down anyone throats here. I just hate to see people being asked to knock it off. If a discussion doesn't interest someone, they should stay clear of it and leave people be.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I just hate to see people being asked to knock it off.

I think that the line we're trying to avoid is a .net bashing thread that degrades into suggestions of a board war that drags the whole place down. I think we're all here to get away from that disaster.

I see nothing wrong with telling stories of our various bannings from .net, but lets not lower ourselves to the .net level.

:35a:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep, I'm done sniveling about that place. It's the friggin' internet, with a buncha guys you'll probably never meet. It's not important in the overall scheme of things, and if I let that guy upset me, he wins.

All fini. Leaving tomorrow morning to go install my 705 kit and Stage II head up in Angels Camp, and it's gonna be an awesome weekend!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts