Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

It seems like I am not the only one who had a brief membership with KLR650.net forum. I was banned for asking an administrator why they charged $20 and $40 for posting ads for parting and selling motorcycles. I wasn't rude in my message to the administrator, just looking for a reason, since I don't know of any other motorcycle specific website that charges their members for such listing.

I can't prove it, but there seems to be a 'chorus' group over there that goes out of there way to always recommend certain vendors.

I am located near Richmond, Va. and if anyone needs help with doohickey installation, valves or any other bike repair, I would be willing to help you.

·
Administrator
3,694 Posts
You won't be the last to get banned from there. The forum is a revenue stream so they charge, which is their right. Banning for asking questions is just wrong though.

·
Administrator
3,694 Posts

Razcob: Welcome to our little corner of the Net, the home of the world's most dedicated KLR 650 owners.

Reading is fun, but being involved is way better! Make us your online KLR 650 source.

Share your views, spread the word and bring your friends.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your KLR. You'll be able to show it off once you have 15 forum posts behind you.

Enjoy.

PS - If you haven't done so already please fill in your Location in the User CP under Edit Your Details.

·
Lifetime Member
2,486 Posts
Welcome Razcob! :)

You'll find this forum a lot more laid back than that "other" KLR forum. :cool:

Also, if you wan't to place something in the classified section for sale, there is no charge here! You do have to have 15 posts to put up pics and links though, a very effective anti spam measure that was instituted a while ago.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Yeah, kick back and relax. Welcome. :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome to the ranks of the damned! You are, by no means, alone here! after 15 posts you will get the secret handshake!! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
This just in, forum fans!

Glenn, owner and administrator of .net, is now soliciting funds over the Internet!

Yes! Through the magic of "group-funding," you can contribute to .net by PayPal! Or, you can send money to Glenn through his mailing address (posted on the solicitation link).

Since Glenn charges for advertising; and . . . even charges inmates for listing parts or motorcycles for sale on his website, wouldn't think his operation would be hard-up for cash.

"Group-funding" exercises are usually involved with charitable causes; for example, money raised for medical expenses, to help families in distress from disaster, etc. Yet, Glenn's solicitation remains voluntary; if contributors think .net is a worthy cause, they're certainly free to donate.

So, kick in; dig deep, if you wish to contribute to the fortune Glenn, and of .net! :)

.net does not reach the threshold of my own charity budget, but . . . YMMV!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nothing lost! This forum and advrider forum are where it's at!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was banned over there too!! which was GREAT because it brought me here!! here you can speak your opinion and ask questions without fear of being banned.

Welcome in, pull up a chair and stay a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Banning folks seems to be a favorite pastime over there. Never understood it really.

How do you make forum members feel valuable and welcome if they see other members picked off for seemingly innocuous questions and other stupid reasons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too was banned on that site. Don't talk about world peace there.

Not sure what is wrong with the guy who runs that site but he seems to have a few issues.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I too was banned on that site. Don't talk about world peace there.

Not sure what is wrong with the guy who runs that site but he seems to have a few issues.
I think he has that Napoleon complex!:character0029: Welcome to the most laid back forum on the WWW!!:WellDone:
Regards....justjeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts