Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Although perhaps more tolerant and forgiving (of .net's policies) members express their, "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" philosophy on this website, I'm personally of a different persuasion.

Rather, Mr. Edmund Burke persuades me, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Thus, calling out the Administrator of another forum for his policies and practices does not send me, screaming, from the room on any notion of breach of "etiquette."

Effect? Negligible. Surrounded by fawning, sycophantic "approved," mercenary vendors, the other website will survive and prevail, enabling the continued infantile narcissism of its owner, and his absolutist and arrogant racial and political stance.

(Some day, I'll disclose what I REALLY think of the other website.)
The part I do not understand is why such vendors condone such behaviour by not saying anything....oh well, my gain, since I have read that is a good site... Now back to riding....

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
The part I do not understand is why such vendors condone such behaviour by not saying anything....oh well, my gain, since I have read that is a good site... Now back to riding....
Easy to explain; the vendors exploit the advertising of the website, cultivating the endorsement of the administator/owner for their mercenary purposes.

Otherwise, the administrator/owner censors all references and links to the vendors (e.g., links appear as, "xxxxxxxxxxxxx," on the website, as does the link: http;//www.klrforum.com).

For business reasons, favored vendors on .net do not comment negatively or complain about the the administrator/owner's policies and practices; they do not want to be censored and denied coverage.

Publicity, as in a reference concerning a commercial product and its source, is valuable for advertising purposes; at least, more valuable than "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx."

·
Registered
378 Posts
Understood and I am no choir boy but to not speak out on racial comments, administrator or not, just should not be tolerated....I do see that his rant and my feedback are gone from the site now..At least that happened. I was one of several that got banned that day, one of which had contibuted almost 5000 messages since 2007.

Keep doing that and eventually he will not have anyone left...

·
Registered
141 Posts
II got banned from KLRWorld last night. I've never been kicked off anything before. People are strange when they have power. I was asked to visit the site because of my Artwork on Facebook. There were alot of request to have them printed. I'm not a printer or a vendor. So I asked if there was a printer on the site. There was and he was eager to have them printed out. One of the mods who was very nice (spanky) said that we couldn't make money off the site. I suggested we donate to SLO- KLR. I should mention that I named the Art work Long Way Riders a Good Vibes MC club. I was being silly. There's no club. Anyways Hondo and his henchmen got involved and I'm banned for pointing out the they are jerks and bullies. In a polite way. No foul language or aggression. Silly! How on this site I've never been accused of trying to solicit. I get invited there and I get accused and banned. Crazy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
It sounds like they might have thin skin due to other issues in the past.. I always look at it this way.. If I'm trying to be funny, and they don't get it, I explain that it's a joke.. If they don't think it's funny, they're not smart enough to waste the time explaining it again..

Years ago I was on a BMW forum and people would freak because I didn't use BMW oil or filters.. Instead I used anybody's oil and I'd use AC Delco PF53 filters.. I figured that if GM said they were good enough, and they were cheap, they were good enough for me..

Screaming ensued!!!

After it settled down by me telling them that when they started paying for my motorcycles, I'd run whatever oil they wished.. Until then, I'd run whatever the hell I wanted in my own property..

One day I joked about going to Germany and setting up a compressed gas canning facility in the parking lot in front of the BMW factory so I could get air straight from the Fatherland for people to top their tires off with "official" BMW air..

Some got quiet and others wanted to know if I was serious, as they would buy it..

Idiots..

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Light Train, you're in good company!

The "Hondo and his Henchmen" crowd are very defensive, in my observation.

When a favored moderator issues a comment from his own ignorance and misconceptions, anyone refuting it with reason, logic, or even a valid contrary opinion is likely to be banned.

One particular moderator there, himself a self-annointed expert, gushes forth saccharine, puerile prose; his "observations" of what he characterizes as the spiritual, transcendent experience of motorcycle riding; then, as demi-god guru, he cannot and will not tolerate any facts, logic, or opinion contrary to his world view.

Guy gives arrogant, ignorant, intolerance a bad name; but--remains closely embraced by Hondo.

A former poster on this forum, knowlegeable, witty, tolerant and helpful, was also banned from KLRWorld. His sins? Among them, given that no Generation 2 doohickeys failed in five years of production, this guy had the temerity to suggest, the revised part might be reliable and durable, a concept anathema to Hondo and his cadre of moderators.

This particular member also had his doubts about the merits of the "PCV valve mod" (inadmissible, over there), and questioned the true, measurable benefits of a radiator bypass, in quantifiable terms (another view regarded as an attack on the required belief system dogma at KLRWorld).

Don't know what became of that poster; he disappeared from all our computer screens shortly after, although I know banning from KLRWorld was no factor in his disappearance; of no consequence in his overall scheme of things.

Wish I knew what became of that guy; wish he was back; he'll be missed on the upcoming Blue Ridge ride; wait! Maybe he'll show up!

I digress; suffice it to say, Light Train, the KLRWorld management administration remains ignorant, defensive, and insecure; banning from that website carries no stigma. You will NOT find such narcissistic egos in charge here; you remain free to express your opinion, EVEN if it's based upon personal observation and experience, logic, and factual reference!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Don't know what became of that poster; he disappeared from all our computer screens shortly after, although I know banning from KLRWorld was no factor in his disappearance; of no consequence in his overall scheme of things.

Wish I knew what became of that guy; wish he was back; he'll be missed on the upcoming Blue Ridge ride; wait! Maybe he'll show up!
Would this poster also happen to be a missing moderator here??:(

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Would this poster also happen to be a missing moderator here??:(
Yea, verily!

Some, as Jack Nicholson famously said, "Can't HANDLE the truth," thus; he was banned from KLRWorld.

No matter; I look forward to the moment he shows up again here, and on other forums where he posted.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
It seems these other forums and their moderators forget the usefulness of the Private Message feature incorporated by every forum I've ever participated in.

If a member does something they're not supposed to, such as a violation of site rules, etc. or something else the moderators don't like, they should just contact the "offender" via PM and explain what's going on and try to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.

Instead, they do this in the open forum and then other people get involved backing one side or the other and it goes downhill from there until somebody gets banned.

For instance, when I got banned from .net, it was over a guy who asked the question: "What is the most effective means of selling a gun?" He was asking if he would get more for it by selling to a dealer, in person, a gun show, etc. He never said what kind of gun it was and explicitly noted in all his posts, from the original forward, that he was not offering the gun for sale on the forum and nobody posted asking about it.

Did he violate the site rules? Possibly, I don't know, but the whole thing escalated into members either sticking up for him or for the site dictator: lots of insults, digs and hard feelings, most of them originating from the moderators and owner, themselves.

I understand there are legality issues to consider when operating a forum and what your members post can possibly get you into legal trouble, but in this case, all it would have taken was one PM to the poster saying, "Look, you violated the rules or at least it seems to me you did to the point where you might get me in trouble. I'm going to delete the post and don't bring it up again."

It would have taken a few minutes at most to rectify the problem. If, after the PM, the poster would have continued what he was doing, then I can see a ban.

But, I guess dealing with somebody in that manner isn't as satisfying and high-profile as a good public whipping before they're taken out back and "dealt with."

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
It seems these other forums and their moderators forget the usefulness of the Private Message feature incorporated by every forum I've ever participated in.
You're exactly right.. I try to keep issues like that private on PM to save any possible embarrassment to the poster. If you politely explain what the issue is, privately, most will accept and apologize, and the issue is resolved..

Do it publicly, and people feel they must argue to save face, and it escalates quickly, causing more issues.. All unneeded..

Oddly enough, it's seldom an issue here.. People understand that we're not a forum of internet bullies and that this isn't the forum to play that game.. We're adults and there's no reason to act any other way.. A little respect goes a long ways..:)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Planalp and Paper:excellent posts. I think we have the three "C's" here:Courage- the kind of courage where one has the courage to say" I was wrong" or the courage to stand for one's convictions( based on wisdom and knowledge)Confidence --the quiet kind the does not shine a harsh light on others insecurities or lack of experience.lastly Compassion--a trait that all should agree upon.
I also prefer the folks posts that lift our spirits,the light touch that lifts our motivation--Hell, gravity will get each of us soon enough!!:)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
gravity will get each of us soon enough!!
Exactly.. I and Sleddog attended a funeral this weekend for Curt Gran, the man behind Fuzeblocks http://www.fuzeblocks.com/ and one of those guys who was always willing to do whatever he could to help someone.. If you look at all the forums and riding associations he is missed by, it reminds you that there's more important things in life..

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHMO_enUS466US466&sugexp=chrome,mod=11&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=curt+gran

Just a reminder that gravity is out there, and to make the most of every day..

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's all good but strange none the less. After a few jaws back and forth it looked like the turning point was, the request for me to still make stickers and shirts kept coming as well as post that questioned wether or not I had broke the rules. I will say that this is my opinion. As we all know it is all about perception. I could have been none combative, but really I'm glad it happened. When my stickers and shirts come out I want it to be like a Bob Marley Concert!!! All smiles!!! Cheers fellas glad to be a member here.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
378 Posts
It sounds like they might have thin skin due to other issues in the past.. I always look at it this way.. If I'm trying to be funny, and they don't get it, I explain that it's a joke.. If they don't think it's funny, they're not smart enough to waste the time explaining it again..

Years ago I was on a BMW forum and people would freak because I didn't use BMW oil or filters.. Instead I used anybody's oil and I'd use AC Delco PF53 filters.. I figured that if GM said they were good enough, and they were cheap, they were good enough for me..

Screaming ensued!!!

After it settled down by me telling them that when they started paying for my motorcycles, I'd run whatever oil they wished.. Until then, I'd run whatever the hell I wanted in my own property..

One day I joked about going to Germany and setting up a compressed gas canning facility in the parking lot in front of the BMW factory so I could get air straight from the Fatherland for people to top their tires off with "official" BMW air..

Some got quiet and others wanted to know if I was serious, as they would buy it..

Idiots..
:64a:

So now I know why the humour has been removed from the other sites, it is now all here.....

I had a fellow ask me the other day about my planned trip around Canada and he asked will I be upgrading to a BMW from my KLR....I am still laughing at that one....

Yeah right....$3K for a set of BMW panniers, that is almost the price of my bike and to let you in on a little secret ....they are aluminum too....

Banned from ******.net June '12

41 - 60 of 172 Posts