Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how high you can go with bar risers without having to get longer cables?

I need somewhere around 1 -1.5 inches of bar height to make the standing position comfortable. JNS lowering plates are already installed.

jncdi

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
I have 2" risers with a flipped throttle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I had to look at my bike to see what you meant by a "flipped throttle" before it became obvious.

Are your bar risers at an angle or more vertical?

jncdi

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Generation 1; 1.5"; stock cables with some handlebar bracket adjustments.

Whatever risers and cables you use . . . make sure lock-to-lock handlebar rotation does NOT perturb the "choke" (starting enricher); the slightest nudge of the "choke" will kill a warmed KLR650 engine at idle.

·
Administrator
8,495 Posts
Pretty much rising back in the same line as the stock.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the picture.

I am going to try angling the levers down a bit from the stock position to see if that helps with the standing ergos. After that I should be able figure how much of a riser I need.

jncdi

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same risers as Tom except black and can confirm they do in fact fit on my '18. Had to flip the throttle but I think that was it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2008 hammered grey

I put 2" risers on and have the stock cables. I didn't flip the throttle. rerouted the cables a bit and got them to sit just under the top triple tree bearing and it is working fine.:smile2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts