Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys and girls been looking at getting a barrett exhaust for my new 2014 KLR 650 and I was wondering if anyone on here has got one on there bike and if so how's it perform and did the bike require any re jetting or other mods. I don't want to sacrifice any reliability or be offensively loud. Any advise would be very much appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
G'day guys and girls been looking at getting a barrett exhaust for my new 2014 KLR 650 and I was wondering if anyone on here has got one on there bike and if so how's it perform and did the bike require any re jetting or other mods. I don't want to sacrifice any reliability or be offensively loud. Any advise would be very much appreciated, thanks
Well I guess no ones got a barrett then but if people out there have after market exhausts on their KLR 650's what brands have you got and what are they like ie noise level and performance gains if any

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have one on mine, std jetting will be fine. A mate has one on his as well, i think he has used it for 10k km and its insides have fallen apart.

Your best bet is a Staintune if you can afford it, never have to repack it and solid

·
Registered
50 Posts
im running a V&H XCR its loudish but lets the bike run so much better .... std jetting as well ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Leeroy how did you go did you run the Barrett slip on? Ive just ordered a Barrett for my 2017, I have read different stories about jetting some saying standard jet is fine and some saying it will need to be rejected, but nobody who said the changed jets said what size the used, you got any feed back on the Barrett?

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Hi fesmech!
Welcome to the forum!! I doubt very much you will receive a reply from Leeroy as the post you are responding to is dated Aug 2014. Those were his only two posts and he hasn't been on the forum since.
To help with your question, KLR650s are jetted very lean from the factory to meet emission requirements. Anything you do to increase the airflow through the engine will cause it to run leaner yet so jetting will likely be required unless you ride mostly at high elevations. Eagle Mike has a good kit available that includes the jets and an adjustable jet needle for a reasonable price. It is small enough that regular mail should be able to take care of your shipping needs. Here is a link:KLX jet kit
I have the kit in both my KLRs and being able to richen the mixture got me a bit of power but at the cost of a bit of fuel milage. My '03 has a UNI air filter and a LEXX exhaust.
Best Regards....justjeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts