Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have 10 years on dirt bikes when I was much younger. Selected for Project LiveWire, to test ride the Harley Davidson all-electric prototype coming to New Orleans (and other US cities) next weekend. After attending a basic motorcycle safety course, I realized how very much I miss riding a bike! I started researching. and have settled on a KLR 650, after realizing it's not so much a motorcycle as a religion! I like the idea of a dual sport bike, which will be mostly transportation for me, some short-distance touring/joy riding, and some dirt.

Looking for a good used KLR, and used neon green riding gear for high visibility. Jacket, gloves, pants, etc. I have a helmet I really like, but need to find it a way to make it neon safety green, also.

I have heard there is a website that sells only KLR aftermarket stuff, but have been unable to find it. I will need a lowering kit, I'm vertically challenged, with short legs for someone 5'6". So if someone can direct me to that website and any manufacturing recommendation for a lowering, kit, please feel free!!

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
found http://www.klr650.com/index.html

Looks like this is the one, but if anyone knows of another, please feel free!

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts