Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, being as I live in the great oven of the US, standard batteries don't last long and the battery on my KLR is starting to .... show it's premature aging. The only batteries I can get to last long here are Dry or Gel Cells.
So, since I need to replace my battery, what should I expect to pay reasonably? Dealer ok?
And, is there an "optima" equivalent for KLRs?
Talk to me Goose.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
I bought a couple of Chinese made AGM batteries on eBay with which I am very happy. Cranks the bike over like crazy and has little power drop when sitting. Think I paid around $60 for them/

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
So, being as I live in the great oven of the US, standard batteries don't last long and the battery on my KLR is starting to .... show it's premature aging. The only batteries I can get to last long here are Dry or Gel Cells.
So, since I need to replace my battery, what should I expect to pay reasonably? Dealer ok?
And, is there an "optima" equivalent for KLRs?
Talk to me Goose.

Maverick - ETX15L DEKA PowerSport Battery AGM exact fit. I've had the same one in my KLR for 3+ years never a problem.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Odyssey PC545, expensive, yes, but reliable in the extreme.
Even more expensive when you cook one with a 30 year old Craftsman charger. :t1202:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ended up having to buy one from the dealer when I had my rear tire installed. It barely started when I left for the dealer. :(
Thanks everyone however.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts