Discussion Starter #1
Must be a bunch out there?

Anyone done the kettle Valley Railway?

Navi / Vancouver, Canada

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kvr

I have done the KVR a few years ago on my KLR. It was just as they were starting to make it into peddle bike route. I have rode from near Hope to Midway....This was before the big fire. One of the best trips to date I have done. I have had 3 KLR's and 18 year of exploring BC. As they say I been everywere man. Old wagon trails and pass lots of old mine sites. What a Province we live in, oceans, deserts, to the last marbles on a mountain top that you can ride to.........:character0053:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Navi, not sure what you need to know but I live about a 150 yards below it. Ridden many times and most of the trails adjoining it in certain areas too. Whacha need to know?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Basicly,

I was wondering if anyone had a good starting/end place. Anything somewhat should watch (or) watch out for?

General information

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kvr

Navi, I know there has been a tremendous amount of work that has been done on the KVR tressles that were lost in the big forest fire a few years back but I am not sure if they managed to get all of them rebuilt or if they ran out of funding or what. I was told the other day that those that are not redone you can get around them via trails. The Aydra tunnel is one such obstacle that you must now go around due to unsafe conditions within the tunnel ie. cave ins and collapses. If you know the way it is easy to go around but it could prove frustrating to someone who does not know the way as there are many other connecting roads to the one that takes you around so you could easily take a wrong turn. Perhaps an organised ride could be aranged with local knowledge of the area.........just an idea. I would be up for that and happy to provide my two cents worth.

·
Registered
269 Posts
yeah - call my work and tell them im sick so i can go with you! not sure that is a one week trip. im thinking 1 month in 2013. heading to iceland this summer for 3 wks. stoked. peru is higher on my to do list though. cant wait to see pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeppers we are out there in droves

finding the time ????

ride in Thursday nights in Kamloops

usually a 50/50 ride after work

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey i'm going through Kam on sept 6-7-8th or so I've found a road test in Salmon Arm so thats what im gonna do, It'd be great to meet some actual people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts