Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just way to hot! I've been looking into these "cool suits". Has anyone every tried one? I'm thinking of doing a DIY experimental jacket. All they do is pump ice water throughout the shirt. I was thinking about pinning aquarium air tubing to my jacket liner and putting a small cooler in the trunk. I've got most of the stuff to build it.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
It's just way to hot! I've been looking into these "cool suits". Has anyone every tried one? I'm thinking of doing a DIY experimental jacket. All they do is pump ice water throughout the shirt. I was thinking about pinning aquarium air tubing to my jacket liner and putting a small cooler in the trunk. I've got most of the stuff to build it.
Cool idea. I just soak my t-shirt and wear mesh gear, but riding hot is MISERABLE.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This guy did a DIY vest here: Cool Vest I wouldn't want that big of a cooler and I'd use a 12 volt adjustable pulse switch. Something like a heated jacket controller where I could adjust the "On/Off" time. That way I could "fine tune" the jacket. I gotta do something! It's hot!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
This doc may help you. Myself I use LD Comfort clothing and vented jacket and find it alright. I don't do well in heat so usually avoid it if possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
This doc may help you. Myself I use LD Comfort clothing and vented jacket and find it alright. I don't do well in heat so usually avoid it if possible.
I also use the LDComfort Shirt and long pants.

I recently rode from Montrose CO to Spearfish SD in high 90's 100+ temps, I wet the LD Comfort Sleeves, close all the vents in my jacket, open up the cuffs and the collar just a bit. I stay plenty cool, in fact, i often have to close down the cuff inlet air to keep from getting chilled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts