Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of these (image below) on my Goldwing and it was great. I've been wanting another one and I just couldn't pay the 50 bucks they wanted. Well I found them on Ebay for 14 bucks with free shipping. (Link below) On the wing it worked great. Moved the pressure points around and added some ventilation to the old azz. Before spending 400 bucks on a new seat you might want to try one. May hang over the side a bit on the KLR but for 14 bucks what can you expect?

LINK: Zone Tech Black Wooden Beaded Car Seat Motorcycle Cover Cushion Pad Massage | eBay

·
Premium Member
7,011 Posts
I'm just guessing, that beaded cover is currently sitting on a Versys 1000 seat?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have tried to visualize how those things can do any good at all.

Marketing says they give you a massage. I can't see that, unless they have little motors in them.

Marketing says they provide ventilation. I can't see how air could get past the first row of beads.

Marketing says they reduce pressure points. With half the support surface it seems pressure at the beads would be doubled.

It looks like it would be similar to sitting on gravel.

I think it is all marketing and no engineering, but I have never sat on one, so what do I know.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just guessing, that beaded cover is currently sitting on a Versys 1000 seat?
Not yet. I'll use it on really long rides when the azz can't take anymore and just needs a change. It will be kept in the trunk for emergency us only.

·
Premium Member
7,011 Posts
I had one of these (image below) on my Goldwing and it was great. I've been wanting another one and I just couldn't pay the 50 bucks they wanted. Well I found them on Ebay for 14 bucks with free shipping. (Link below) On the wing it worked great. Moved the pressure points around and added some ventilation to the old azz.

LINK: Zone Tech Black Wooden Beaded Car Seat Motorcycle Cover Cushion Pad Massage | eBay
Not yet. I'll use it on really long rides when the azz can't take anymore and just needs a change. It will be kept in the trunk for emergency us only.
Well now, don't let GoMotor talk you out of it that easily. I do know people who use them in automobiles, and swear by them.

The whole point of a beaded cover or Cabelas ATV seat cover or Allen AirHawk cover is to Improve the existing cushion to allow more comfort and longer seat time, before it hurts your azz. Not to try to use it as a Band-Aid after the fact. ;)

By the way Toney, how many miles did you ride the Versys 1000 in Florida?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
......By the way Toney, how many miles did you ride the Versys 1000 in Florida?
Only about 300. Tornado warnings and high winds kind of put a damper on things. The longest ride was about 130 miles round trip when we rode to the gulf. 78 degrees was great but I'd rather bundle up and ride Tennessee. Never tried the beads there as I just got them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've used one like it in the past on various machines. It did a fine job of warding off monkey butt, probably because ventilation is much improved. I think it's still hanging in my garage, so I'll have to try it on the '09 KLR I got last weekend.

I'm an ATGATT rider, so there's always something substantial between me and the beads. I didn't really feel them.

Alaskan sheepskin pads also help. Using one currently on the FJR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts