Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,086 Posts
I beg to differ regarding tire pressure. Low tire pressures will cause a wobble, at least it did in my experience, I had a rear tire that went soft, so I pumped it up, checking the valve stem. Rode it about ten miles, checked it again and all was good. Relaxed a bit and about twenty miles later I "thought" I felt a wobble, but I had checked the tire and it had been fine. So, I figured I was paranoid and ignored it. Five miles later I was in the ditch. Scraped knee was the only injury as I was wearing all the gear except riding pants. Jus sayin....
and again; low tire pressure may cause a pre-existing condition to manifest but it isn't the underlying cause IMO.....with proper suspension mods and setup, my KLR's are rock steady at 80 mph with full knobbies at 21 psi....

·
Registered
2022 KLR650 - Fully loaded
24 Posts
I've probably burned up close to a dozen sets of Shinko 705's on all the bikes I've owned over the years. They are a great dual-sport tire with decent longevity. I always stuff them with IRC tubes.
They aren't the best off-road tire, but that hasn't kept me from plowing through mud, snow, and everything in between :p

101 - 102 of 102 Posts