1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
284 Posts
Anyone that wants to join us is welcome.
Looks like a dozen or so from Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas so far.
We'll stay at the Terlingua Study Butte, Chisos Mining Camp pink house and there are more rooms available.
Prolly be there 4-6 days.
Be glad to see some of you there if you can participate in our winter getaway, :razz:
Rod :cool:

http://www.nps.gov/bibe/planyourvisit/upload/BIBE_Map1_SR.pdf

http://www.cmcm.cc/big_bend_lodging_002.htm

I'll be right over, Zrod. Keep the coffee hot....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Big Bend Jan 20

I am new to this forum. Don't know many folks. However thought I would mention Jim Acord and myself Bill Coleman will leave Oklahoma on Jan 18 for a two week or so road tip to Big Bend. Jim rides a blue Suzuki Volusia "brand X" and I ride a very modified red and black KLR650. Hope to run in to some of you guys. Perhaps we can get together and talk riding and bikes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
big Bend Ride 01/18/08

Are you trailering your bikes there? Not very familar with this part of the country, but isn't this high desert and very cold in the winter? Where you coming from in Oklahoma? :16a:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Leaving Spiro Ok "Southeastern part " riding all the way. Checked the weather graph at NPS website lows in upper 30's high mid 50's plus

·
Registered
704 Posts
Plains west of DFW becoming high desert as you get further southwest with some pretty good elevations as you reach the FtDavis, BigBend area. There's always a potential for some serious winter weather in the plains so take care. Should be a spectacular trip.

Wihachi, you going to ride south through BrokenBow? That would be a great ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Big Bend

Hope the weather will allow for a great trip. We'll be heading west to MacAlister and on to Ada OK and then W. Falls TX to Abilene TX on day one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts