Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My used 2005 KLR came with a Big Foot plated welded to the OEM sidestand foot. Has anyone seen these for sale or something like it?

Joe you used to have some of these. Are they still available?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Show me a picture..pls.

The ones that Slaghammer made were just a cut and rounded flat bar stock. That I welded on.
Curious to see if thats one I welded.... i dont have them anymore.. I think I handed the rest out.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
I've used many a crushed can over the years. Never hadda foot attached.
Many biker events have wooden squares provided too.
All those dimples in the asphalt tell the tale of riders past. lol

Wouldn't those get in the way of everyday riding? Guess not. It's out back.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Show me a picture..pls.

The ones that Slaghammer made were just a cut and rounded flat bar stock. That I welded on.
Curious to see if thats one I welded.... i dont have them anymore.. I think I handed the rest out.
I think I have the same as what you had. It was already installed when I bought the 2005. My 2005 KLR is in San Diego. I knew I should have installed an Eaglemike WebCam.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have a fatfoot made by TwinHeadlightErnie.. He makes them himself and sells his stuff at rallies.. http://twinheadlighternie.smugmug.com/

He had a pretty decent website, but for some reason he doesn't have it anymore.. His email and phone number are on the smugmug page, and I know he's still making and selling his stuff.. I'll be seeing him at the BMW swapmeet at the end of April... He's got good stuff and he's a good guy..

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'm glad Lockjaw hasn't found this topic.. I owe him a couple carbon fiber sidestand plates I promised him a while back..

Shhhh... Keep quiet and he won't remember..

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Too late. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad Lockjaw hasn't found this topic.. I owe him a couple carbon fiber sidestand plates I promised him a while back..

Shhhh... Keep quiet and he won't remember..
carbon fiber sidestand plate?

·
Administrator
8,362 Posts
Hmmm. Must be Beatle Proof.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm. Must be Beatle Proof.

Tom
Good example of why to use the Quote function. No I am not going to the previous page to see what you are referring to. :ashamed0001:

·
Administrator
8,362 Posts
Inside joke with Lockjaw...

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Nothing is Beatle proof... :)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
carbon fiber sidestand plate?
Yeah, I make em' all the time, when I'm actually home and have some spare time in the shop at work.. It's scrap carbon fiber blade material that's used to scrape rolls clean on paper machines.. I cut them 4" long and punch a hole in the corner for a string, if you're so inclined and want to pick up the plate without getting off the bike..

I round the corners, too.. They look the same as the $20 that Aerostich sells.. Probably the same material..

The also make good scraper blades for scraping off crap from paper machines..

I don't spend a lot of time making perfect corners, and now that I look at Aerostich's model, I guess they don't either..:)

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool Paper. Also good for the environment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts