Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a slip over cover that is vented enough to keep condensation from forming under the cover? I need to keep the bike outdoors in the summer. I want to put it under the overhang of a fifthwheel but am afraid of condensation. Anyone find a cover that is vented enough to keep the moisture out?

thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Bike Bandit had a sale on em' a while back.. They're their own model, but I don't know who's making them for Bike Bandit.. They breathe well, yet keep everything dry..

I have a couple of them in the big monster size to cover a bike with bags.. They fit the Wing very nicely, so that tells you how big the XL is.. :)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
That's the one.. They had em' on sale a while back for $25 or so.. My suggestion is to find something similar on eBay or from another supplier.. Bike Bandit's buying them, getting the name printed, and then selling them with a hefty mark up... You can do better for something similar..

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've been using a Wal-Mart bike cover. In the summer I park under my back deck and put the cover on. It's water resistant enough to keep it dry (under the deck) and it breaths enough so it does not form condensation.
Under $20. I beleive the size was "Large".
I bought it a year ago and it is still in good shape. I also used it to cover the bike when it was in winter storage.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've been using a Wal-Mart bike cover. In the summer I park under my back deck and put the cover on. It's water resistant enough to keep it dry (under the deck) and it breaths enough so it does not form condensation.
Under $20. I beleive the size was "Large".
I bought it a year ago and it is still in good shape. I also used it to cover the bike when it was in winter storage.
That’s what I use. I get about 2 years out of one. UVs seem to kill it. But for the price it seems to do it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys.

I have a cover that I am goin to try for a couple of days and see how it works out. Like I said I will have kinda a roof over the bike. I just don't want it to sweat under the cover. I thought the last time I used it, a couple of years ago, it either leaked or got condensation under the cover. Maybe it rained I just can't remember. If it was rain the camper should keep most of that off the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts