Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Question.

I try to keep the bike stored out of the dirt, sun, and weather - if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations on decent bike covers that will help keep the KLR from sun fading and getting dusty/dirty?

I know there are pricey ones. But I am looking for something relatively cheap for now.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Another Question.

I try to keep the bike stored out of the dirt, sun, and weather - if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations on decent bike covers that will help keep the KLR from sun fading and getting dusty/dirty?

I know there are pricey ones. But I am looking for something relatively cheap for now.

Thanks again!

Walmart sells motorcycle covers.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
You can get a cover for a big BBQ grill and that'll work if it is cheaper.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yup,, Walmart. I'm on my second. They seem to last about 1 1/2 years but they are cheap enough. I found because the KLR is so tall you need to get the largest they have. I think it’s the extra large. $25-$30

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.
Well, I was looking at those Wal-Mart ones. I just wasn't sure if they worked the way they were supposed to. Long as I can keep sun from fading the paint, the dust from the fields off, and bird droppings off.

I am guessing the $20.00 Budge Motorcycle Cover in Large from wal-mart will do?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Any ideas on a half cover? Haven't seen any that will fit a KLR with top box and luggage.
I don’t think I know what a half cover is but I’d bet the Walmart cover would fit. Because the bike is so tall you need to get their largest cover to reach the bottom of the tires. This leaves extra for width which you would use for the side luggage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought a cheap one, and it lasted about 9 months. Then bought a Dowco Guardian cover with a Lifetime Warranty. Have had it for about 9 months, and still looks great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts