Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, hope that you can help with the problem that I am experiancing.

Have a 08 KLR with +/- 7500 km on the clock. Riding it back from work the other day in peak hour traffic, doing +/- 80 km/h, the bike just cut out on me!! Managed to get a gap and pulled into the emergency lane while trying to get a rolling start with the bike in gear. Tried to start it, with no success for 5 minutes. Eventually started after 10 minutes.

What i did notice was that the temperature needle before it cut was just above the bottom line in the quadrant, possibly a little low. While trying to start it after it cut out, the needle was in the middle of the temperature gage. When i eventually got back into the traffic and on the way home, the needle settled at the bottom once again and stayed there for the duration of the trip (+/- 25 km). Just before arriving at my destination, noticed the needle climb up to the middle again, and yes you guessed, the bike died on me!!!! Started within 2 tries.

Has this happened to anyone else? Very scared to ride the bike because am not sure when this could or would happen again. Bike has been at the dealer for the past week, they are unable to trace any faults (both fuel or electrics) on the bike, and they have tried replicating the fault by riding it, does not do it when they ride it.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't know if this is it, but it is a cheap fix that all bikes need. The vacuum hose running from the back of your petcock is very cheap and easily collaspes. This could be your problem. Or maybe a faulty gas cap. Or take the tank off and see if any of the wired are bare, be sure to check the wire that runs right next to the plug wire. I've heard some have melted and can short out to give the same symptoms.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts