Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna find something to give my bike more ground clearance but I'm not sure what to use... I know about eagle miles rm1s and the progressive shock mod. But in trying to get about 10-12 inches of ground clearance. Anybody have any thoughts on the subject?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way it's an 04

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I wanna find something to give my bike more ground clearance but I'm not sure what to use... I know about eagle miles rm1s and the progressive shock mod. But in trying to get about 10-12 inches of ground clearance. Anybody have any thoughts on the subject?

Uh yea won't happen without spending a lot of money. You would have to replace the forks with something of an off-road bike. New custom shock and linkage.

You would be better off with a more dirt oriented dual sport like a KTM probably would be cheaper in the long run!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a better linkage I should get than? Other than eagle mikes? And what about the eagle mike progressive front forks springs and rear spring?

·
Premium Member
7,741 Posts
Is there a better linkage I should get than? Other than eagle mikes? And what about the eagle mike progressive front forks springs and rear spring?
NWGArider,
I think EM's raising links take full advantage of the available geometry/frame clearance. One can only alter 'X' from factory design.

EM raising links, Aftermarket CUSTOM rear shock and transplanted motocross forks, with appropriate Springs, MIGHT get you to 12" of Ground Clearance. But ARE Your legs Long Enough for a 39-40" tall seat height?
Of course you could Custom Cut the seat foam and 'drop it' back to 37-38" seat height.

My Question is, WHY do you Want To?
Maybe a KTM 990 Adventurer is What you NEED? For a FEE.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 6'5 290 lbs. my first bike was a drz250 I miss the times when rolling up to a six inch tree meant give some throttle drop the clutch and hop over it. Not having to did a way around it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts