Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Hubby's birthday is coming and he's been longing for a bike. Are there institutions that offer loans for this? I really, really want to surprise him!

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Credit unions make bike loans.

However . . . bike loan interest rates can be several times the rate charged for, for example, a new car loan.

Your friendly local motorcycle dealer will help you finance a motorcycle purchase; yet, the fact-of-life remains: Motorcycles as collateral bring high loan interest rates.

·
Lifetime Member
2,486 Posts
Most dealers will finance, but as said already, you'll probably get the best rate from your bank. I've only financed one new bike over the years, Lol, I hate contracts and payments. I pay cash or barter for them.

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts
Hi. Hubby's birthday is coming and he's been longing for a bike. Are there institutions that offer loans for this? I really, really want to surprise him!
Hopefully you are using a pen name or the surprise maybe short. Or you can go back into 'user cp' and request a name change, I think?

Most dealers can't afford to finance, but the Franchized Brand does! Thru chosen financial sources.
I'll try to give you a link,
https://www.kawasaki.com/ShoppingTools/CurrentOffer?cm_sp=OfferCenter-_-KMCPromo-_-HomePageBucket

The programs may change a little bit March 1st.
If the 1st link doesn't work just go to www.kawasaki.com to start at the beginning.

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts
Is that when free floorplanning from the manufacturer is over?
No. Floorplanning terms are from date of invoicing of each unit shipped. And varies with each dealers volume of order, and current flooring programs.
Factory to dealer flooring programs have nothing to do with retail financing programs available to the consumer.

I could have/should have said "may or may not change on the 1st of the month".
They always have that kind of language in advertising. It is supposed to make you think, "Better buy it NOW before the interest rate goes back-up".

We always suggested that one check with their local bank or credit union, before signing the dotted line. Trying to keep the monies in the local small town/small state economy. Rather than having banks in Illinois or Delaware sucking revenue out of our state. But many people like to "just do it" and be done.
I'm pretty certain that the manufactures get a point or three for every "In-house" finance contract written.

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
Pretty sure we have a Spammer posting here as the IP checks out to be in the Philippines. Giving it another 24 hours before clicking the button.

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts
Pretty sure we have a Spammer posting here as the IP checks out to be in the Philippines. Giving it another 24 hours before clicking the button.
klr4evr,
??? Banned?

I just looked at Vickey Mathew's personal info, postings (13 on re-count) and threads started (1), in an absolutely appropriate sub-section.
Everything looks totally legitimate to my eyes. What am I not seeing?

She is only like 1 posting away from pictures and attachments, ahhhhhh!!!!
And all postings are very short comments, still looks fairly legitimate.

I am sure you know something that we don't see! Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
klr4evr,
??? Banned?

I just looked at Vickey Mathew's personal info, postings (13 on re-count) and threads started (1), in an absolutely appropriate sub-section.
Everything looks totally legitimate to my eyes. What am I not seeing?

She is only like 1 posting away from pictures and attachments, ahhhhhh!!!!
And all postings are very short comments, still looks fairly legitimate.

I am sure you know something that we don't see! Thank you for your service.
I am curious too, so I'll know what to watch out for.

·
Administrator
3,610 Posts
When "she" initally posted I was a bit skeptical but gave it the benefit of the doubt. The posts seemed to be somewhat legit, as you say. What got my attention was they had reached the point where they were able to post pictures and one had actually been posted.

I researched the IP and found it to be in the Philippines - first red flag.
I sent an email to the address that they used to register and got no response - second red flag.
I checked the email against known spam email addresses - third red flag.

Banned the user as a precaution. If they come back questioning the action it will be reversed but I have my doubts.

Both Tom and I spent hours last fall deleting bogus user accounts. I sure as hell don't want to go through that again and I'm sure Tom doesn't either. We could use a couple more Moderators so step up if you want to help.

These are some references to the spammers email:

https://stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/49.150.94.156

[email protected]

Name:
An unsolicited or spam email has been received from this address. Because this was a spam message, it is recommended not to trust the content of any emails that you are receiving from this [email protected]

I hope this is a satisfactory explanation of my actions in this regard.

Reactions: pdwestman

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts
Thank you again for explaining, klr4evr.

I now wonder just how many of the "1 posting ever" members were just testing the water? (No need to even attempt to answer that!)

I do hope someone with computer knowledge, skills, time and KLR mechanical talents applies for the available moderator opening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts