Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd resurrect an old thread on bike to bike communication since it was three years old and things have changed with technology.

Does anyone have something to recommend as far as what works best for bike to bike? I'm not looking to talk someones ear off, more for info exchange and the like. I'm not against the Chatterbox set up but wonder if anyone has had experience with HAM radio rigs in conjunction with a headset/PTT bar mount similar to the Pryme Highway SPM800? http://www.pryme.com/products/headset/SPM-800

Having the ability to take the radio on a hike, call in the cavalry or get the latest weather report would be handy. A full 5w of power is also handy for reaching out.

Any recommendations on radios and headsets would be appreciated.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Yelling at each other at stop lights isn't good enough anymore??? ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Scala G4 headsets are the way to go! They pair to your phone and ipod, and also allow you to pickup radio stations. Intercom setup lasts all day so you can have them on without using your phone. Its just like those small walkie talkies only BETTER! Virtually hands free once you get used to it and setup your voice recognition. Xcellent comm while using the intercom. It automatically adjusts the volume as you speed up or as you come to a stop... or stoplight. It will also gradually lower the music your listening to and allow incoming calls right to your helmet! All yyou do is speak to answer a call! FRIKIN AWESOME! O.K..... now are your ready for the best part? No more stopping to adjust your ride plans! No more pulling over to tell your buddy his ass looks fat, or did you see those "posers" on Harleys... One of my top three Farkles.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just bought Interphone Bluetooth headsets off ebay, I got a 2-pack for $58.00 +$18.00 shipping. They pair with up to 3 headsets, plus cell, plus ipod,and gps. I've used mine with my Ipod and cell phone, it's easy to use, I can't wait to install the other one in my Dads helmet and try out the intercom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts