Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever purchased an intercom system to communicate with another rider on trips? Got any suggestions?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I sell most of them and have been happy with the chatterbox xbi2 kit. I have not tried the new cardo g4 yet.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of cost am I looking at? Also, is it possible to add a 3rd unit if there are 3 riders?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes, the chatterbox xbi2 can synch up to two other units. They retail for $229 each.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great question I was thinking the same thing. Is the 229. for everything you need to communicate between 2 bikes?

·
Registered
517 Posts
You'll need two units at 229 each. I can sell you 2 for 400 plus 10 for shipping. Call me at 510 889 7900

·
Registered
189 Posts
I purchased a Platinum 900 from http://www.collettcommunicators.com/ about 3 years ago for snowmobiling. I transferred to my bike helmet for the summer and works good.

The first season I had it I could hear my music but could not communicate. Turns out it was the battery pack. Was replaced under warranty no questions asked.

I have two channels for communicating. One for our club and then one I can communicate to all. I like the idea I can use my I-pod for music and have a volume control while riding.

They have bigger and better communicators now. Check them out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i never understood the intercom thing , the sole reason i love to ride is the quiet and peace i get till the next rest area ..

·
Registered
452 Posts
i would always forget my spare batteries ,say atleast i tried ...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts