Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for the add .
just got a 2017 klr 650 with 450 miles ..
it’s up to about 700 miles now was out on a ride and all the sudden it will not take throttle ..

I pulled and checked air filter and fuel from tank (while running due to vacuum )

good gas was running great . All the sudden while at about 55-60 mph lost power and will not take throttle ...

Only think I see that peeks my eye is the exhaust pipe is blueing .. ...

Any info would be great .
I did a Search ... looks like no discussion like this since 2017 ...

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
I'll ask if you were riding with the cold start lever Pulled Towards you? Or Pushed Away from you?

·
Registered
1985 KLR600
45 Posts
Does it drive still under 55? If all the other suggestions fail, see if it has an automatic fuel safety shutoff. I saw a diaphragm tear and cause a similar issue on a different bike. Bogged down at highway speed after warmed up, but was fine under 55.

·
Registered
2020 KLR. Black with stuff.
4 Posts
Tell us more though. Is it not getting ‘more’ throttle after about 55 or do you lose all acceleration after you hit 55? It sounds carbie related and could be just crap but if it fine at low speed but [email protected] at higher speed then the fault is because something doesn’t ‘go all the way’, so I would suggest slide/diagram (maybe a tear as someone mentioned earlier)

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,095 Posts
If it’s able to run up to 55 or so, I doubt water would cause it. The water would get purged by then.

·
Registered
klr 650 c
133 Posts
Didnt see it was running before, my bad, either way its probably carby cleaning time, check also air filter housing for holes above header pipe connection to muffler.

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
That kind of trash/bugs can get into the carb from the float bowl Atmospheric Air Vent hose which attaches to the upper LH forward plastic nipple on the carb, depending on how the hose is routed.
The hose really should be attached in a manner that the open end of the hose points Down alongside the shock spring adjuster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts