Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first KLR yesterday. An 01 with 15,000 miles, it runs great, I put about 100 miles on it yesterday with no problems. This morning I went to show the not so happy about the purchase wife the new bike and it started up fine and then stalled out when I shit the chike off ( its pretty cold here ) I went to re start it and there is no power at all. I checked all the obvious thing like battery connection and all seems fine. As this is my first KLR im now at a loss.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Have you tried putting a charger on the battery? Cold may have killed it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the battery, or so it would seem. Just seems odd that it would start the bike with no trouble then have zero power the next minute.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My geo tracker did it just the other day when I went to get pizza. Fired right up here at home, got pizza, then wouldn't turn a minute later. The pizza guy delivered me and our pizza home. LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you disengaged the kickstand safety switch and Clutch switch?
Yes I did try that and still same result. It will jump via jumper cables or bump start. I guess it is the battery.

Thanks to all for the help, I know Im gonna love this bike once I get a few kinks worked out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just a thought. Check and make sure the kill-switch on the handlebar wasn't accidently triggered. Don't ask how I would know. :ashamed0001:

·
Registered
269 Posts
+1 for battery. even if it shows 12v it might not withstand a draw. also +1 for changing the glass fuses - you need spares any way

1 - 13 of 13 Posts