Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only owned my 2015 KLR for 4 months now and I really love this bike. I currently have a 2013 FJR and that bike is just sitting for now. Any must do add ons to my new bike?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't know about "Must do". I added SWMotech crash bars, as I can barely get the balls of my feet to touch with boots on. I also added a JNS skidplate, fmf slip-on, and the KLR tailbag (which carries slime for tube type tires, trail side jack and some CO2 cartridges).

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome.

I have a 2016 model. A couple months in one of the lower subframe bolts broke. This is apparently a pretty common problem. So you might want to replace at least the lowers with better grade bolts from your local hardware store.

KamoKLR: KLR650 Sub-Frame Bolts

One of the non-must, cosmetic things I did was removed the rear mud flap which makes it look a little more off-roady imo if you like that look.

KamoKLR: KLR650 Fender Elimination

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
There is NOTHING you NEED to do though there is a fair argument for an Eaglemike doohickey with torsion spring by 5000 miles or so. EVERYTHING else is optional though some will also put the Thermobob (which is a great mod) in the "necessary" catagory as well.

There are a hundred things you COULD upgrade, but the need for that depends on you.....you're usage, experience, expectations and budget. I've done dozens of upgrades to both my KLR's and I think most of them are important for me......but everyone is different.

Modifying KLR's is a slippery slope! Fun, but it can get addictive and mildly expensive. ;-)

Cheers,
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts