Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I turned 49 today (earlier here than there), like so many holidays and events of the last 28 years I'm on the road (so to speak). I don't normally ask for birthday presents from family or friends, like most of us I'm blessed with good fortune and reasonable health (getting old is getting old).

But, as a special favor.

Please pray for our troops in Afghanistan today, specifically that they not have to return from battle without loss of life or limb. We didn't have any amputees or fallen patriots yesterday, but the C-17 that followed us did. For my birthday, I'm just asking for a day where I don't have to know that another "kid" with a limb missing, or body broken, is returning home wishing only that he or she could return to the fight and be with their family-in-arms.

Thanks
Mark
BTW, God bless the Corp. Any service where a full Colonel will ask an enlisted aircrew for permission to tend to "His Marines" gets my vote for "Best in Class"

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Happy Birthday, brother. I don't pray, but I am with you. And I will think on it, and appreciate how good I have it. And be thankful for those who make that possible.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have a couple buddies in the "Ghan" I speak to weekly.
Army rotor crew chiefs and pilots. I always try to keep them upbeat
and hope they come home safe and in one piece.

I think I know about 6 people over there right now.

Happy Birthday PH

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reasonable trip. A couple of pretty banged up guys but no missing limbs. Groundhogs day in another 18 hours.

Thanks to all
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts