Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think we need to limit the number of pics of the new blues, theyre making my greenie feel slightly unattractive
sorry just a little jealous folks, im sure ill get over it.:23a:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I have to say I wasn't very impressed with the green 08, but when I saw the blue 08 on the show room floor; it was all I could do to tell the salesman NO NO NO, I need to keep my red 04. Then the wife had to drag me by hair out of the deaalership.
The price (although not that bad) was $456 more than my 04 was new.

·
Registered
815 Posts
In all the pics of the blue ones, it always looked like baby blue. Sure enough, I saw a blue 08' at the dealer have confirmed the baby blue. I don't mind regular blue, but that baby blue was just a bad choice in my opinion. A much darker shade was definately called for here.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The one at the dealer here, had more of an electric blue, I liked the look of it, of course I just recently had to get glasses too, so who knows, it may look different now LOL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a BLUE '08 this week. . .TheWanderer may refer to it as baby blue, but I prefer. . ."Holy-Shit-that's-a-damn-good-looking-bike-blue." The green seemed a bit tired. . .and the red would look fine if you were a buxom blonde. . .hee hee.

Loving the '08!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Well... it could have been the lighting in the showroom. It just didn't seem a dark enough blue that's all. They should definately have a few more color choices like white/silver, all silver, black/silver, dark grey/silver.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up a red one last october, I didn't realize my insurance was more expesive than if I had chosen blue or green. Seems everyone wants a red one so they get stolen often. Green ones once in a while,,,, blue ones you can pretty much just leave the keys in them...ho ho ho heeheehee (buxom blonde???)

·
Registered
815 Posts
I picked up a red one last october, I didn't realize my insurance was more expesive than if I had chosen blue or green. Seems everyone wants a red one so they get stolen often. Green ones once in a while,,,, blue ones you can pretty much just leave the keys in them...ho ho ho heeheehee (buxom blonde???)
If this is true, time to tell the insurance company to go F themselves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If this is true, time to tell the insurance company to go F themselves.
Nope not true, just having a little fun with the color thing. Truth is I called the dealer and asked him if he had one. (120 miles away) He said he did, I said see you Saturday. I don't think I even asked him what color it was. I like em all. ( But the red one is faster ):) :)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Good to hear.

I bought mine unseen also. I only saw them online and only saw the KLR250 in person. The closest dealer wanted full sticker AND.... get this.... I HAD TO F'in WAIT FOR ONE TO COME IN!!! No discount for having to wait is total BS! So I called the dealer in the next town and they had a green one and I told him it's sold just give me a fair price and he was $500 cheaper. Picked it up that Saturday. I was excited when I saw it, a little unsure while starting to ride it home, but then by the time I got home everything was cool and I really liked it. I love the versatility of it and it does exactly what I invisioned. If I only had more places to ride it around here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ringo my pick monday was Red also. The blue was still in the box. They where trying to figure out how to get rid of it. LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have owned two Kawasakis both red, the blue 08 KLR looks like Richard Petty threw up on it. But if that was all they offered I'd have bought it.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Green is were its at .

I have a green one also Thawt i wanted a red glad i chose green Green is where it at.:)

i think we need to limit the number of pics of the new blues, theyre making my greenie feel slightly unattractive
sorry just a little jealous folks, im sure ill get over it.:23a:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up my BLUE 08 on Friday. It seems to be the popular pick out here in California. I could only find one within 120 miles of home( I called 20+ dealers). This is a bit embarrasing to admit but I even spent an extra 600bucks over a red from another dealer. After riding her for a few days, 300 miles, I can honestly say it is hands down, the best bike I have owned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, another BLUE is in the game. I just purchased a 2009 KLR 650. Stepped up from my Harley to a bike that can own any road.
I am in SCOTTSDALE AZ. Any 650 riders in this area will to teach the old man how to leverage his NEW BLUE...drop the BikeCrisis a note. Thanks 650 team, you all convinced me to make the switch

·
Registered
56 Posts
Golly Gee. You had to go 1 town over to get the color you wanted? I called every dealer in S W Idaho and even 1 in Oregon (a 250 mi range)and NO ONE had a KLR in stock. All had waiting lists of folks who wanted one, first come 1 served when 1 came in. No dealer had a delivery date and none were ordering a specific color, they and the buyer could take what comes or the next guy thru the door would. I drove about 150 mi in the rain to get my greenie and was gratefull for it. I got it the first of June, had to put it away in early Nov due to weather, 5100 fun filled miles on it with no trouble. Can't wait until the snow melts so I can ride again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts