Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the third of our events here in the Southern Appalachians. We sure had a great time at our last gathering in East Tennessee with over 50 KLRs attending. We're expecting a big crowd at this one too!

We'll gather at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground and do some riding, wrenching and relaxing.

Even if you don't ride a KLR (??? :roll:) and want to bring another Dual Sport bike, go ahead... we'll try to be nice to ya'. :wink:

You'll enjoy what is arguably the best riding venue within a 1000-mile radius and great camaraderie.

Questions? Just PM me for details.

·
Registered
38 Posts
On the "other dualsport" issue . . . hey, it's just "Southern Hospitality" kicking in.

I keep trying to find ways to get both Friday the 20th and Monday the 23rd off, but thus far it's a no go! Looks like the only way I'm going to be able to make this gathering is on another dualsport bike.

To be able to make it up and back from Friday morning to Sunday evening and cover the 1100 miles, about the best way is to ride up on the liter sized dualsport bike of mine.

Looking forward to seeing all of y'all up there!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Marty, your presence is mandatory, no excuses... even if you have to parachute in! :wink:

It wouldn't be a Southeast meet without ya'!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Gene,

I'll be there - never by parachute! Sometimes I don't quite get things right on the first time and parachuting is not one of those sports that I think I will ever try! I'm sure that I had enough folks pushing me out, I can be shoved out of the plane, otherwise, I'l wait until the plane lands. However, if it's burning or in some other way incapacitated, hand me the parachute!

I am so looking forward to being up in the mountains. I am putting on a new set of tires for the trip. I hope to wear all the sides off while up there so I don't feel bad when I wear the centers out commuting here in Florida! :D

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
There will be more than KLRs there, I,m bringing the wee-Strom so the MRS and I can enjoy the sights and sounds.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've got to be honest folks, during the day I think about the election when my mind is not on work, but when I get home, and start reading this stuff all I can think about is

T D P

I can't wait!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would have thought more of the spoutheast guys would have found this site/thread?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes! TdP is ON! Tell your bud's!

I don't know about anyone else but, as of this writing, I still can't log onto Glenn's site. If you have any way of contacting other people who were planning to come, please do so and let them know what's up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the site is up and down if i can get back in ill post saying Tdp is still on and where the rest of us are at so they can come over and chat.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think last time I was able to get on over there last night Max had started a thread on it. So I think it's covered but it might be a good idea to bump his thread.

·
Registered
45 Posts
buddy2224 said:
I think last time I was able to get on over there last night Max had started a thread on it. So I think it's covered but it might be a good idea to bump his thread.
ok its posted this is what i said.

"Tdp is still on.

email every one you know that we are still going to Tdp.

GreenGene and the rest are at the klrforum and i promised to post this.

http://www.klrforum.com/phpBB2/index.php

till Glenn gets this site fixed please come over and talk about Tdp or what ever.

if you cant get in the forum ill be happy to pass on any information for you email me
[email protected]

im a little slow but ill do my best to help out. "

i also bumped his post up and posted the new one so if they can gett in they will see it

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Starting to get a weather outlook, folks! Check out this AccuWeather forecast for Waynesville, NC:

Wednesday, Oct 18______Partly Sunny - Low: 35 ?F - High: 59 ?F

Thursday, Oct 19_______Mostly Sunny - Low: 38 ?F - High: 60 ?F

Friday, Oct 20__________Mostly Sunny - Low: 38 ?F - High: 61 ?F

Saturday, Oct 21_______Mostly Sunny - Plenty of sunshine - Low: 38 ?F - High: 61 ?F

Cross your fingers!!!

:D

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
With temps like that ATGATT will fit in perfect.

I'm just glad to see the cabins have HEAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The three cabins near the creek by the bridge dont have heat. I stayed in one last weekend. At least I had a blonde to keep me warm :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zrexrob said:
The three cabins near the creek by the bridge dont have heat. I stayed in one last weekend. At least I had a blonde to keep me warm :D

Aww, shucks... I ain't got a blonde.

Hey, Rob, you remember those cabin numbers? Just so I know what I'm in for.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I don't doubt you Zrexrob,

but their add says heat, which ever cabin I get I want heat.

CAMP IN CABINS

We start accepting Cabin Bookings March 1st for the 2006 season.

The cabins were designed, built, and furnished for the comfort of two people while traveling by motorcycle. Cabin rental includes sheets, pillows, blankets, and bath towels so there is no need to pack all of that camping gear on your bike while touring the beautiful mountains. The current nightly rate is $40.00 USD per cabin. Weekends are 2-night minimum for advance bookings (Fri/Sat) or (Sat/Sun). Due to the popularity of our cabins, we suggest that you call to book your dates. Our phone number is (828)235-8350. Check-in time is 2:00 p.m. and check-out time is Noon.

The cabins have windows and electric heat. Some of the cabins open onto the bank of the Pigeon River while the others have a view of the clear trout pond. The bathhouse is centrally located with separate showers and private dressing areas. Laundry facilities are also located between the separate bathhouses for men and women.

Maybe you have to ask for the heater.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Two questions need to be asked:

1) How much interest is there in a tech-day during this event? If you need help with a doo-job or whatever, post up!

2) Is anyone planning to bring tools, lift, etc.? Or, if there's enough interest, can anyone accommodate?

:?:

1 - 20 of 130 Posts