Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends..
I am new to this forum and looking forward to take advantage of the expertise on this board. Does anyone have any experience with VCAN Sports V136 Blinc Bluetooth Integrated full face street helmet? I am considering buying this Bluetooth integrated helmet, but I have never used this brand before. So I thought it would better to know your views and advice before making any decision. I found this helmet at Sports Authority for $169 through dealrocker.com. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If you have any other recommendation on same budget, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'd never heard of them until you mentioned it.. The only review I could find was a bad one, but it was because the bluetooth unit wouldn't power up..

The only Bluetooth stuff I'd seen was from Scala, and this is a unit that mounts on your helmet..
http://www.jafrum.com/Accessories/Motorcycle-Communication/Scala-TeamSet I have no idea if that's a great or terrible price, but they had a good description so it's the address I grabbed to paste..

The VCAN unit might not be bad, but if the helmet doesn't fit correctly to your head shape, you're sorta SOL..

The last thing I want to do while riding is talking on the phone, or to my passenger, or to another rider in my group.. But that's purely me..

If I were after a bluetooth unit for a helmet, I'd more than likely go with the Scala and mount it in a helmet model that I know fits me well.. And Scala has been around for a long time with positive reviews for years. But then again, that's me..

Oh, and our resident paid advertiser has a special on them right now.. Expensive model, though.. http://www.klrforum.com/showthread.php?p=61231#post61231

After digging around on Rider Discount's website, I found this http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/accessories/106190.php for only $90.. Seems that would fit the bill nicely, and you can stick that in any model, shape, manufacturer, etc. helmet on the market.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have bluetooth on my ST1300, my Garmin is tied to the Autocomm and into my helmet. It allows me to hear the directions from the Garmin, warnings from the Radar, MP3 tunes etc. While I dont talk on the phone while riding, it does allow phone use during gas stops without removing my helmet. If a call comes In I need to take I can pull over and take it. The bluetooth is a pain in my opinion, I have pretty much went back to hardwire everywhere. Replacing batteries, losing signal etc bites. Imagine listening to Ozzy Paranoid while running thru the twisties only to lose signal and miss the best parts of the song. I like the hardwire setup better. JMHO

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Yep, what the others have already said. I have an O'neal Element Fastrack with the Blink bluetooth (I'll sell it cheap). The BT is buggy, it's not loud enough for me to hear at anything over 45 mph, and the speakers will drill a hole in your head.

Not to be mean spirited but it's a big FAIL.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That's a cheap quality helmet and the blinc bluetooth is just ok. Chatterbox and Blue Ant Interphone are better and you supply your own helmet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts