Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple days a ago, I bought the bike & a helmet.

Today I bought the Jacket, gloves & ordered the pants.

The jacket is a tourmaster transistion and being 6"7 I couldnt believe that I found one off the rack. I like that I can pull the liner out and use it for the summer also. It has elbow and back armor built in.The pants had to be ordered but the guy is fairly certain it will fit once in. The gloves were a little tight but figure they will loosin up a bit.

Not sure what type of sattle I want yet so I just bought a very small magnetic case for the tank to carry cell & a few small items.

all told I spent 400.00 including tax..

I think it was jacket = 179
pants = 129
gloves = 39
tank bag = 39
tax = ?
---------------------------------
total about 400

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still waiting on my Pants but did pick up a tinted visor today. They said my pants should be in any day now. My freind who has a 2001 buell blast 500 asked if I was really gonna wear all that stuff even in the summer and I said yup. Im new and eventualy ima screw up. Ive seen you-tube videos of both scenerios and i already know.

Prepare for the slide, not the ride!

:character00268:

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
I've got a Transition jacket, among others, and really like it.

Good on you to adopt ATGATT.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Still waiting on my Pants but did pick up a tinted visor today. They said my pants should be in any day now. My freind who has a 2001 buell blast 500 asked if I was really gonna wear all that stuff even in the summer and I said yup. Im new and eventualy ima screw up. Ive seen you-tube videos of both scenerios and i already know.

Prepare for the slide, not the ride!

:character00268:

Good on ya!

Wear it all anytime you get on the bike no matter how short the trip. I've read many accounts of just going around the block or to the corner store so they didn't gear up, yea accident. That's why they're called accidents you don't know when they are going to happen!

It takes a bit more time to ATGATT and it can be uncomfortable but not like a nurse scrubbing out the gravel!

and the cost... ha, priced an emergency room visit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got my pants in yesterday. They have some armor in the hip, knees and but. Also picked up a mirrored visor for my helmet. Well, its official, I have all my gear!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wore the pants on a ride for the first time today. Sure will take some getting used to. With all the armor in it im like "iron man" meaning STIFF! Also made me a little slippery on the seat. My pal who went riding with me today ( in a staggered formation of course) said that I looked like a motorcyle assasin from a movie wearing all black gear with a mirrored visor on a black klr lol.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
You have to be careful with the all black look. You make yourself less visible.
I have all black too but last year added a Hi-Vis Olympia jacket to the wardrobe. I was standing in line at a local coffee place and the guy behind me commented on the brightness of the jacket. My brother says I look like a road cone sitting on a seat. He thinks he's funny.
Also picked up a hi-vis safety vest to wear when I wearing all black. I don't care about the fashion I would rather be a little more visible.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Wore the pants on a ride for the first time today. Sure will take some getting used to. With all the armor in it im like "iron man" meaning STIFF! Also made me a little slippery on the seat. My pal who went riding with me today ( in a staggered formation of course) said that I looked like a motorcyle assasin from a movie wearing all black gear with a mirrored visor on a black klr lol.
Here's a tip for you. 3m makes reflective tape that looks black but reflects white at night. It's pretty amazing stuff. I've got it all over my bike. Big pieces. My bike lights up like a Christmas tree at night.

Reflective vest is a good call, too. All black at night is kind of a bad call on any bike, but the KLR doesn't have a lot of lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts