Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake light is working but my tail light isn't coming on.

I was riding a couple of day's ago, and noticed my headlight, dash lights, and taillight stopped working. It was the fuse. Replaced it. Tail light still isn't working.

Any solutions and experience know how would be appreciated.

-2006 KLR 650

·
Administrator
3,888 Posts
Have you checked the bulb?? It's dual filament so just because the brake light works doesn't mean the tail light will and vice versa.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i agree with klr4ver.

i had the same issue, one of the filament is working and the other is not.
just change the bulb.

Reactions: NoirXplorer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I haven't. That's more than likely the solution. It's always something simple.

The other lights that went out at the same time had me thinking it could be more technical. Replacing it soon as I get home.

·
Administrator
9,141 Posts
It could be you had an intermittent short that took out the taillight and then the fuse.

It could be that the taillight failed and caused a surge that took out the fuse.

It could be that a butterfly in India upset the wind patterns, buffeting your bike causing you to hit the brakes suddenly, diverting electrons from their normal course and thus taking out the taillight and the fuse.

Perhaps the moon, Mars, and Venus aligned, disturbing the Van Allen radiation belt at the same time there was a solar flare, taking out the taillight and the fuse.

Some pro wrestler may have body slammed an opponent hard enough to shake the earth enough to break the fuse and taillight. Pro wrestling is very real.

Electrical issues can be very mystifying.

Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
It could be you had an intermittent short that took out the taillight and then the fuse.

It could be that the taillight failed and caused a surge that took out the fuse.

It could be that a butterfly in India upset the wind patterns, buffeting your bike causing you to hit the brakes suddenly, diverting electrons from their normal course and thus taking out the taillight and the fuse.

Perhaps the moon, Mars, and Venus aligned, disturbing the Van Allen radiation belt at the same time there was a solar flare, taking out the taillight and the fuse.

Some pro wrestler may have body slammed an opponent hard enough to shake the earth enough to break the fuse and taillight. Pro wrestling is very real.

Electrical issues can be very mystifying.

Tom
You do have a way with words Tom.

Electrical = Murphy, Mayhew, and FUBAR working overtime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you xzatx and klr4evr for your concise answers, experience, and time. It's guys like you that make this forum great. You guys took the no question is stupid approach. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I am really good with electrical stuff and have spent some time analyzing all possible causes for the stated problems.

My conclusions are these. That pesky butterfly in India took out the tail light creating an unsafe situation which could also garner an expensive ticket. Then, totally unrelated to the errant butterfly, the moon, Mars, and Venus all ganged up to take out the fuse. The loss of the fuse drew your attention to the tail light problem and thus may have saved you from a terrible accident or at the very least a ticket.

So, you can thank your lucky stars, err heavenly bodies, for saving you from the consequences of the actions of that rotten little butterfly. And the next time you find a butterfly smashed on your headlight you can smile and enjoy that warm satisfying feeling that comes with revenge served cold.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am really good with electrical stuff and have spent some time analyzing all possible causes for the stated problems.

My conclusions are these. That pesky butterfly in India took out the tail light creating an unsafe situation which could also garner an expensive ticket. Then, totally unrelated to the errant butterfly, the moon, Mars, and Venus all ganged up to take out the fuse. The loss of the fuse drew your attention to the tail light problem and thus may have saved you from a terrible accident or at the very least a ticket.

So, you can thank your lucky stars, err heavenly bodies, for saving you from the consequences of the actions of that rotten little butterfly. And the next time you find a butterfly smashed on your headlight you can smile and enjoy that warm satisfying feeling that comes with revenge served cold.
you know, i'm an electrical engineer and i think everything you said makes total sense. good analysis, good job

·
Administrator
9,141 Posts
The most probable cause was a pro-wrestling event; it was probably John Cena body-slamming Brock Lesnar. We know that it's all real because if it wasn't they wouldn't hit the mat hard enough to shake things like they do. The proof is in the pudding, in this case.

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts