Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to assess the damage from a minor crash-rainy pavement led me to put it down it on the left side in the street. The bike is still rideable except for a problem with the brakes: The brakes badly needed bleeding before the crash. I have done so, but the brakes are very still weak. Where do I start looking? Where is the master cylinder located? Thanks, Monty

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
MontyFuller-

If the brakes were weak before, perhaps the pads are glazed and in need of replacement.

What year bike?

The front master is on the handle bars, the rear is about where your heel is when your right foot is on the peg (depending on how big your foot is ;^)).

Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brakes

The bike is an '06. On the cylinder...Wow. I forgot to mention the the handlebars got bent in the crash! Does not sound good to me. How can I tell if indeed, the cylinder is damaged? Do you know of any images online? Thanks again, Monty

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
MonyFuller-

If it's damaged, it will be leaking, I should imagine. There is a window on it with two lines indicating min and max fill levels. Check to see what the fluid level is and if there is obvious leakage.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts